Aker BioMarine har en ledig spennende stilling!
Director R&D / Senior Scientist
Aker BioMarine is a leading biotechnology company developing krill-derived products for consumer health and wellness and animal nutrition. The company has a strong position in its industry.
Aker BioMarine develops krill-based bioactive ingredients for use in the nutraceutical, aquaculture and animal feed market. Its fully traceable value chain stretches from sustainable krill harvesting operations in Antarctica through the logistics hub in Montevideo to its state-of-the-art factory in Houston and all the way to its customers around the world.
Superba™ Krill is a pure form of omega-3s that are more easily absorbed by the human body, providing health benefits, including boosting heart, brain, and joint health.
QRILL™ Aqua is a functional feed ingredient for shrimp, marine fish, and salmonids, increasing productivity in aquaculture - through improved growth, health and quality.
QRILL™ Pet is a functional ingredient for pet nutrition with documented health benefits for companion animals. Proven in numerous studies to benefit pet health, the omega-3s help maintain the health of the heart, kidneys, liver, joints, brain, eyes, skin and coat.
In Aker BioMarine we believe in a world where everyone has access to quality nutrition and good health without compromising the planet.
We are looking for more people like us, who believe they can make a difference in the world.
We are about 550 employees globally, with more than 40 nationalities, spread across all time zones and most continents. Together, we form an international, high performing, diverse and fun work environment.
Working with us means you appreciate diversity, are highly skilled within your field and can cope with unexpected situations. You enjoy a fast pace, tolerate quick decisions and continuously ongoing changes. You are a true team player who “chips in” when the situation requires so.
Do you want to work with new and interesting research on the health benefits of essential nutrients?
We are driven by our purpose to improve Human and Planetary Health and one of our newest product developments, Lysoveta™ - LPC-bound EPA and DHA – unlocks interesting scientific opportunities to explore the potential of targeted delivery of EPA and DHA into several organs via a selective transporter. This provides a broad opportunity space for scientific exploration with current research focus in brain and eye applications.
We are now looking for a passionate Senior Scientist to join the Innovation department and drive research in this new product segment. You will work with a collaborative international team as part of the Science and Regulatory Affairs group and within the cross-functional Lysoveta™ development team.
Your competency and experience will help us discover exciting new possibilities for Lysoveta™ and our broader portfolio of krill derived products. Your daily work will include developing research and development strategies, scoping and leading preclinical (including toxicology and safety) and/or clinical studies with CROs, and collaborating with universities for exploratory research. If you are innovative, passionate and self-driven and share our dedication to improving Human and Planetary health we’d love to hear from you.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct research within human nutrition and health
- Proactively identify indications/potential physiological benefits for Lysoveta™ and other krill derived chemistry
- Monitor and assess new developments within relevant scientific areas
- Contribute to the development of scientific and segment strategies
- Build and maintain external scientific relationships and collaborations
- Ensure that new knowledge is communicated to the organization
- Present research findings externally in scientific and/or trade settings
- Contribute to applications for and obtain public funding of Aker BioMarine research
- Review relevant literature and develop novel hypotheses for target indications
- Plan, design and monitor pre-clinical and/or clinical trials
- Establish partnerships and contracts with relevant CROs, universities etc.
- Actively contribute to preparation of reports and publications
- PhD in life sciences, MD, PharmD or equivalent
- 3+ years in academic research, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or nutraceutical or related industry
- Extensive experience with animal models, protocol design and study execution
- Experience with clinical trials is an advantage
- Experience within lipids, especially omega-3’s, is an advantage
- High integrity
- Innovative and driven by scientific curiosity
- Strategic mindset with a structured approach
- Convincing and engaging communicator
- Proactive with high execution power
- Team orientated with great cooperative skills
This position works closely with the team at our head offices at Fornebu, Norway, and ideally will co-locate although other geographic locations may be possible with travel to Norway.
For more information about the position or process, please contact:
- Hanne Bache (+47 92 28 43 75)
What you can expect from working in Aker BioMarine:
You can expect hard work and a lot of fun and challenges. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. If you show initiative and desire for more responsibility, we will give it to you and support you along the way. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in our industry and always striving to raise the bar.