LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Engineers / Technicians, Research Scientists and Business Developers - Battery Research team
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Industry is a contract-based institute delivering research-based solutions and services that generate wealth for its clients both in Norway and overseas. On the basis of our multidisciplinary knowledge and advanced laboratories, we develop, in close collaboration with our clients and partners, technology and cross-disciplinary solutions within a wide range of technical and market segments.
We are rapidly expanding our battery activities and are looking for new engineers/technicians, research scientists and business developers to strengthen our battery research team.
As a member of our battery group, you will contribute to our development of next generation rechargeable batteries. You will have extensive contact with the battery R&D community and industry in Norway and abroad.
Depending on your education and experience, you are expected to contribute to the activities within, and development of, our battery laboratories, acquisition, establishment, and planning of new projects, as well as participation in and execution of existing projects. Experienced researchers will additionally have responsibilities within customer relations and project management as well as ensuring a high degree of quality in your own as well as your colleagues' work.
As a person
You enjoy working independently as well as in teams, have good interpersonal skills and are proactive. Furthermore, you are customer- and solution oriented, and you have the ability to take initiative. You are able to work systematically and have excellent analytical skills. You will become part of a strong scientific environment with a large degree of responsibility and freedom. SINTEF places high demands on scientific and financial results, whilst at the same time providing for and facilitating your personal development.
The ideal candidate for this position has the following qualifications:
A Bachelor, Master or PhD degree or comparable/equivalent experience in a relevant area (Electrochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar). Significant experience in the battery field and extensive knowledge about key industry and research institutes developing and/or using batteries are an advantage.
- Solid overview and understanding of different battery technologies
- Solid background in electrochemistry, building and testing batteries and/or battery material development
- Experience in commercial battery cell fabrication
- Excellent experimental and analytical skills, and ability to work systematically
- The ability to apply your knowledge and skills to new research fields
- Excellent documentation (reporting), communication and networking skills, and the ability to communicate well in English, both orally and written
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, and to take initiative
For senior researchers, the following requirements are also valid:
- Extensive knowledge about the current and future battery market, and network within the battery sector, both research and industry
- Experience in planning, executing, documenting, and reporting laboratory experiments
- Experience in project management
The following skills will be an advantage:
- A good grasp of, or willingness to learn written and spoken Norwegian
- Experience from international R&D cooperation, especially from European projects.
- The ability to build and maintain scientific and customer networks.
- An internationally recognized, dynamic and motivating working environment
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative
- Great opportunities to influence own projects
- Participation in innovative national and international projects in close collaboration with industry
- Colleagues who want to make a difference.
- Collaboration with academic staff and students at universities and colleges
- Flexible working hours, salary based on qualifications, day care, good pension and insurance schemes.
Positions are primarily located in Trondheim, but other options may also be possible.
For further information, please contact:
- Research Manager Ingeborg Kaus, [email protected], +47 982 43 940
Questions regarding the position:
- Ingeborg Kaus (Forskningsleder), +4798243940, [email protected]