Ledig stilling ved OsloMet
PhD i intelligent helse og helseteknologi
OsloMet – storbyuniversitetet er landets tredje største universitet, med over 20 000 studenter og mer enn 2000 ansatte. OsloMet leverer kunnskap og yrkesutøvere samfunnet er avhengig av, og er tett på arbeidslivets behov. OsloMet er et urbant og mangfoldig universitet med internasjonalt preg og et attraktivt studie- og arbeidssted med studiesteder midt i Oslo og på Kjeller ved Lillestrøm. Tilstedeværelsen i hovedstadsregionen gir universitetet gode muligheter til å forstå og høste fordelene av byens varierte befolkningssammensetning.
Read more about the Faculty https://www.oslomet.no/om/tkd
The PhD-program at TKD has a multidisciplinary profile and offers a variety of topics within engineering science. The program is a collaborationwiththe research center on digital engineering: [email protected] TKD is an important contributor to OsloMet’s strategic goal of being a leading provider of Research and education for solving the big Challenges for society- today and in the future.
For more information about the program, please see the following website:
Area of research
The Faculty of Technology, Art & Design (TKD) announces one open PhD fellowship in the area of Intelligent health and health technologies. This is an open position within this field, and we are seeking the best candidates possible, allowing applicants to propose their own project.
Intelligent Health is a strategic research area for our Faculty.
We are in particular interested in research within the following areas:
- Health technologies (for example digital, applied and mechanical)
- Digitalization of health services and wellbeing
- Universal design of IT in health
- Medical, biomedical and diagnostic technologies
- Analyses of complex medical or biological data based on application of advanced methods for example such as machine learning or other forms of mathematical modeling.
Applicants may do research on any of the topics listed above and are required to provide a description of their chosen research project when applying for the PhD-position. The requirements for the project description are listed below.
The fellowship will be for a period of three years, or alternatively, four years including 25% compulsory work (teaching and supervision activities or research administrative work). The decision on whether a 3 or 4 year position is suitable will be discussed as part of the interview process. The academic work is to result in a doctoral thesis that will be defended at the Faculty to obtain the degree PhD.
A potential main supervisor at the Faculty of Technology, Art & Design must be listed in the final application. Where possible, a co-supervisor from OsloMet or elsewhere should also be listed.
We ask that you as a candidate try to find a relevant supervisor at OsloMet. In the case that an applicant does not have knowledge of relevant supervisors, she or he can send the 200 word (maximum) description of their proposed research project by May 30th to Mari Devik ([email protected]) with the title “Abstract PhD Fellowship in Intelligent health and health technologies”. The abstracts will be sent to relevant supervisors so that they can contact potential candidates. This is done to support matching of applicants and potential supervisors. To the degree that no relevant supervisors exist or are available, this will be communicated to candidates that make contact.
You must have
- Completed a master’s degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a grade B or better and with a background in intelligent health and health technologies or other areas relevant for the PhD project.
- Admission to the PhD program in Engineering Science at OsloMet is a prerequisite. You must apply to the PhD program immediatly after being offered the position.
- Good written and oral commination abilities in English.
When assessing and ranking the qualified applicants emphasis will be placed on
- the scientific quality of the project description, including originality and potential.
- the relevance of the project description to the listed research areas.
- the project's feasibility within the dedicated time period.
- past scientific work (where relevant)
- experience from previous research activities and project participation.
- experience from teaching and/or supervision at the college or university level
We are looking for applicants who have
- Motivation and potential for contribution in the field of research
- Personal qualities that, among other things, show the ability to complete tasks
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other researchers, be innovative and creative, while at the same time showing the ability to follow rules and regulations.
- Ability to work systematically
- Capacity to work under pressure
Expert committee and documentation requirements
Applicants will be assessed by anexpert committee. In order to be considered for the position you must upload the following documents together with your online application by the final date for the application:
- application letter, CV and copies of diplomas/certificate with transcripts of records. Please note that a description of your country’s/university’s grading system must be included with the transcripts. Diplomas that are notoriginally issued in a Scandinavian Language or English must be translated into English by the degree-conferring institution. Education taken abroad should preferably be recognized in advance by NOKUT, and a confirmed copy of the letter of recognition should be enclosed.
- project proposal which indicates that the project will realistically lead to a doctoral degree within a three-year period. The proposal should include: Research questions, theory and method, relevant knowledge within the research area, a schedule for the educational and research plan. The project proposal should not exceed 5 pages (excluding references) and include the name of the proposed main supervisor.
- list of publications where applicable
- names and contact details of at least 2 references
- applicants from non-European countries where English is not the official language must present an official language test report. Applicants who have completed one year of university studies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the US are also exempt from handing in the test.The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test),
IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
CAE/CPE: Grade B or A
Please apply electronically to this position by clicking on the button «Click here and apply».
All the documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Any translations must be authorized by government. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document inspections in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
Note also that failure to upload one or more of the above-mentioned documents will result in your application being rejected without further consideration.
Due to the extraordinary situation we are currently in interviews with candidates will be conducted online and no travel for the interviews will be necessary.
We can offer you
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest university
- Participation in the doctoral program and a research group where the project is located.
- Beneficial pension arrangements with the Norwegian State Pension Fund
- Good employee welfare arrangements
- Working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
- It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavors to develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. You are also welcome to apply for a position with us if you have experienced periods where you have not been in work, education or training.
For general information about the fellowships, contact:
- Advisor Mari Devik, [email protected]
For information about processing of applications or if you have any problem uploading documents, please contact Senior advisor Mette Bjørtomt, [email protected]
Salary is set in accordance with the Norwegian State Salary Scale, position code 1017 NOK 479 600 – 504 700. By law 2% of the salary is deducted as to the Norwegian State Pension Fund.
The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy that the national labour force should to the greatest possible extent reflect the diversity of the population. Therefore, we encourage qualified candidates with immigrant background or reduced functional ability to apply for this position. OsloMet is an IA (Inclusive Workplace) enterprise and operates in compliance with the Norwegian IA agreement.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) your name may be published on the public applicant list even if you have requested non-disclosure. You will in this case be contacted before your name is published.
Final date of application: August 15th 2020
Ref. No: 20/03337
OsloMet er Charter & Code sertifisert av EU kommisjonen med rettigheter til å bruke logoen HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) og medlem i nettverket EURAXESS som bidrar til gode arbeidsforhold for mobile forskere.