Ledig stilling ved Simula
PhD Student in Software Engineering
Deadline: As soon as possible
Call for PhD Student in Software Engineering
Simula Research Laboratory (https://www.simula.no/) is seeking 1 three-year PhD position in the field of software engineering, with a particular focus on security aspects of engineering complex software-intensive systems. Review of candidates will be performed continuously until the position has been filled, and the appointment starts as soon as possible.
Simula Research Laboratory AS
Simula Research Laboratory AS is a publicly owned research institute located at Fornebu outside of Oslo, Norway. Simula has a multi-cultural organization, employing about 150 individuals from 33 countries. Simula conducts Information and Communication Technology (ICT) research in the fields of communication technology, scientific computing and software engineering. Simula's main objective is to generate new understanding and create vital knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value for society. This is achieved through high quality research, education of graduate students, industry collaboration, technology transfer, and commercialization. Since 2001, scientific evaluations conducted by the Research Council of Norway has repeatedly placed Simula at the forefront of international research in ICT. The most recent in-depth evaluation was recently published, grading all research groups at Simula as excellent.
We consider interested candidates who have a MS degree in software engineering with top grades. The candidate will also have to demonstrate an excellent level of spoken and written English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills and show willingness to work as part of an international team.
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international collaborators;
- Generous support for travels and equipment;
- Excellent facilities located by the Oslo fjord and 10 minutes’ drive from the center of Oslo, the capital of Norway;
- A competitive salary.
Simula is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining the candidate’s background, qualifications, research interests and how/why the candidate is qualified for the position;
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and academic or industrial work, scientific publications, and software development experience);
- Academic transcripts including a copy of Master thesis.
- Contact information of two references, including the Master supervisor(s).
After initial screening, relevant candidates will be asked to provide further documentation of education and work experience.The starting date will be as soon as possible.
Application deadline: As soon as possible.
Further inquiries about the position can be addressed to:
- Tao Yue ([email protected])