Ledig stilling ved OsloMet
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in ‘Software Development for Rain Solutions’
A Postdoctoral Fellow position in the field of ‘Software Development for Rain Solutions’ is offered for the period of 2 years, with a possible extension, in the Department of Mechanical, Electronics and Chemical Engineering at Oslo Metropolitan University.
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is one of Norway’s largest universities, with more than 20,000 students and 2,000 employees. OsloMet delivers knowledge to solve societal challenges, in close cooperation with the society and employers. OsloMet is an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and an attractive place to work and study with campuses in Oslo city center and at Kjeller in the Municipality of Lillestrøm. Our location in the metropolitan area gives us good opportunities to understand and benefit from the city’s diverse population.
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design. The Faculty has approximately 3.000 students and 280 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in downtown Oslo and at Kjeller Campus in Akershus.
The department offers bachelor’s degree programmes in engineering, in addition to research and development activities. The department has approximately 40 staff members and 460 students.
Research within biotechnology and medical technology are priority areas at the department.
The candidate will work on a project entitled ‘Research-based Assessment of Integrated approaches to Nature-based Solutions (RainSolutions)’ funded by the European Commission and The Research Council of Norway.
The project is with the collaboration of many partners from various countries such as Sweden, The Netherlands, Spain etc. which demands occasional travels for partner meetings.
RainSolutions addresses predominantly enabling sustainable management of water resources and developing new guidelines and knowledge management approaches. In particular, it focuses on providing numerical tools for sustainable integrative water management.
The main duty of the candidate is the development of the integrated framework for Nature-based solutions assessment. The framework will contain a toolbox type repository of tools, methods, technologies and standards/guidelines. The aim is to customise all this to support urban planners, consultants and other stakeholders/end-users in making decisions concerning the planning and design at various scales. The central part of the framework will be a decision support type tool that will enable selection of optional intervention strategies by using multiple criteria based on wide-ranging benefits and costs.
Main duties of the position
- Research on the state of the art of rain solutions and its legal status globally
- Conduct experiments using machine learning techniques
- Build and develop a numerical framework for decision making purposes
- Disseminate the projects results and outcome through appropriate channels
- Help administrative requirements as a project partner
- PhD degree in ‘Computer Science’ and/or ‘Engineering’ specialised in one or more of the following:
- software Development
- machine Learning
- data management and Processing
- decision-making algorithms
- Strong background in programming
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Collaborative with good communications skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active efforts to further develop as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required.
An expert committee will assess applicants. You must upload the following documents together with your application by the final date for applications:
CV, references and all pages of certificates/diplomas A full list of scientific publications Full texts of the latest 5 publications and a summary of your PhD thesis
You must upload all of these documents. Original documents and valid passport must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document inspections in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
We can offer you
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- Opportunity to be a part of a dynamic professional environment and unique academic network
- Beneficial pension arrangements with the Norwegian State Pension Fund
- Good employee welfare arrangements
- Free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners
- Relocation support, cultural courses and on boarding services
- Working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
OsloMet’s International Career Site gives information on living and working in Oslo.
If you would like more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Professor M Moatamedi, [email protected]
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale Post doctor 1352. The salary is pay grade 60 - 74, NOK 532 300 – 691 400 per year.
If you wish to apply for the position, please do so via our application portal.
All applications must be submitted in English.
Deadline for applications: September 19th 2019
Date of Interview: October 16th 2019
OsloMet has implemented the Charter & Code and is certified to use the HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) logo by the European Commission.
OsloMet is a member of the EU Researchers in Motion network Euraxess.
Reference number: 19/08272