Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Summer assignment: Course Leader for Trends in Scandinavian Film and TV at the UiO International Summer School
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The International Summer School (ISS), a part of the University of Oslo, offers a selection of six-week graduate and undergraduate courses every summer, welcoming over 550 students from nearly 100 countries from late June to early August. The ISS is a learning community of diverse students who come together to learn, network and increase understanding and good will between nations. This requires friendliness, frankness and tolerance among all involved.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
The International Summer School at the University of Oslo announces a position as course leader for the course ISSHF 2415 “Trends in Scandinavian Film and Television”. This is a Bachelor level course run during the entire six-week session of the summer school, from June 24 to August 2, with three hours of teaching/presence per day. A preparatory period as well as censoring of exams after the summer school will be a part of the assignment. Language of instruction is English. The course awards 15 ECTS credits.
The position includes the following responsibilities:
- To manage the entire course content and syllabus at Bachelor level
- To supervise students’ assignments
- To organize potential guest lecturers and field trips
- To censor exams within 2 weeks after they are held
More about the position
- The position is as course leader and teacher for the summer of 2019
- The contract may be renewed for future summer semesters
- Course content for 2018 and earlier years can be found at: https://www.uio.no/studier/emner/iss/sommerskolen/ISSHF2415/index.html
- It is preferred, but not an absolute requirement, that the candidate hold an MA degree in the arts, especially the audiovisual arts
- Pedagogical skills, teaching experience, and the ability to take active part in teaching and administrative work
- Good oral and written proficiency in English is required
- Salary: NOK 264 per hour/NOK 924 per lecture hour (position code 1009 – Lecturer – rates will be adjusted per May 2019)
- A vibrant, international and interactive teaching and working environment
How to apply
The application must include
- Application letter. The letter should include the applicant’s statement of motivation, academic and teaching interests and teaching philosophy
- CV (complete list of education, positions, research experiences, pedagogical experience, audiovisual productions, publications and/or other qualifying activities)
- Copies of educational certificates
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments can be sent to [email protected]
Please note that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Title: Director Nita Kapoor, Phone number: +47 22857082 or mobile +47 90208070, e-mail: [email protected]