Ledig stilling ved Universitetet i Bergen
Postdoctoral Fellow (3 years) - Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and seven centres at Faculty of Medicine.
Postdoctoral Fellow position (3 years)
At the Norwegian Centre of Excellence, Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, a full-time temporary position as Postdoctoral Fellow (100 %) is available for a period of three (3) years. The position is part of the project “Differential mechanism of tumor-stroma interactions in human papilloma virus (HPV) positive and HPV negative carcinomas”, financed by the University of Bergen.
CCBIO is directed by Professor Lars A. Akslen and is working on biomarkers in order to attain a better understanding of malignant tumors and more precise cancer treatment. The researchers have a special focus on mechanisms and biomarkers related to tumor growth and tumor-microenvironment interactions and the impact this has upon metastasis and poor prognosis. The research activity is organized in four programs: basic studies and animal models (Program 1), discovery and validation of new biomarkers (Program 2), clinical studies (Program 3), and studies on ethics, economics and priorities (Program 4). CCBIO has a strong international profile and collaborators worldwide. Read mote about CCBIO
About the project/work tasks:
The position is part of the project “Differential mechanism of tumor-stroma interactions in human papilloma virus (HPV) positive and HPV negative carcinomas’, which will be run as part of CCBIO’s Program 2. It aims to investigate and compare the role of blood & lymph angiogenesis-supportive carcinoma-associated fibroblasts (CAF) niches in progression and resistance to therapy of HPV-negative and HPV-positive carcinomas (by using HPV-16 E6/E7 engineered cell lines, transgenic HPV-16 E6/E7 mice models, and patient derived organoids - PDOs).
The postdoctoral fellow will have the following work tasks:
- 2D and 3D cell culture of HPV positive and negative cell lines, blood and lymph endothelial cell lines, cell proliferation, cell migration, tube formation assay, live imaging
- Isolation of primary cancer cells and carcinoma associated fibroblasts and endothelial cells from HPV positive and negative carcinomas
- Immunohistochemistry & deep tissue profiling using the HyperionTM imaging system; Digital quantification;
- Western blotting, RNA extraction, cloning and molecular cell biology techniques
- Multiplex immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- the applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within cell biology, molecular biology, nanotechnology, medicine or dentistry or have the doctoral thesis submitted prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded and at the latest within 23 July 2020.
- The applicant must document previous experience with:
- biomarker research, multiplex immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- digital quantification of tissues stained by immunohistochemistry / in situ hybridization
- 3D cell culture models of cancer and tube formation assay
- cell culture of HPV positive cells
- It is desirable that the applicant has previous experience with:
- isolating primary cells from human samples
- performing cell biological assays such as cell proliferation & migration, and cloning
- cell biology and molecular methods such as qPCR, western blott, etc.
- the candidate should be able to work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- the candidate must be fluent in oral and written English.
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. You can not be employed as a postdoctoral fellow for more than one fixed term period at the same institution. Also, you cannot be employed in a postdoctoral position if you have previously held this type of position at a different institution in the region.
Upon appointment, applicants must submit a project proposal for the qualifying work including a work schedule. It is a requirement that the project is completed in the course of the period of employment.
The employee may be assigned required duties in the form of teaching and similar work at the department.
The fixed term period for the position is three years, with the possibility for an extension of the period up to one years if a research-related stay abroad shall be included in the employment period.
We can offer:
- exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- salary level 62 (code 1352/pay framework 24.6) at present NOK 552 800 gross p.a., with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry level 63 (code 1352/pay framework 24.7) at present NOK 563 700 gross p.a., with a medical specialization level 65 (code 1352/pay framework 24.9) at present NOK 583 900 gross p.a. on the government salary scale. Further promotion will be after service seniority in the position
- enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- a brief account of the applicant`s research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- transcripts and diplomas (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations) and documentation of approved doctoral thesis
- complete list of publications
- publications (pdf) it is important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety
- two referees (name and contact information)
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
- Professor Daniela Elena Costea, e-mail: [email protected] , phone: +47 48 35 26 77
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.