LEDIG STILLING VED UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position at the Department of Economics
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres.
Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are seven departments and three centres at Faculty of Social Sciences. Read more about the faculty and departments.
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position
There is a vacant position as postdoctoral research fellow position at the Department of Economics, University of Bergen, Norway. The position is for a period of four (4) years, of which 25 % is mandatory work at the Department.
Department of Economics (http://www.uib.no/econ) is one of seven departments at the Faculty of Social Sciences. The Department offers bachelor, master and PhD degrees in economics. Research and teaching at the Department cover a broad spectrum of sub-disciplines.
The Department has research groups in the following three fields:
• Competition and finance
• Welfare, social insurance and health
• Behaviour and political economy
About the project/work tasks:
The successful candidate is expected to strengthen the Department’s existing research and education profiles. The Research Fellow will be expected to teach and supervise at the bachelor and master levels, and to engage in other tasks at the Department. The normal teaching load is one course per year.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a PhD in economics. The degree must have been awarded before the date of commencement of the position.
- The applicant must work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English is required.
Potential candidates will be invited to the department for an interview and be asked to hold a trial lecture in a given topic.
Applicants should familiarize themselves with the teaching and research profile at the Department, please see here.
The teaching languages are Norwegian or English.
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. The fixed-term period for this position is 4 years. Individuals may not be hired for more than one fixed-term period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
A research proposal of 4-5 pages must accompany the application. The proposal should contain (i) a progress plan for the different parts of the research work, (ii) a publishing plan, and (iii) a budget for operating expences, including data acquisition. It is a requirement that the project is completed within the 4-year period of employment.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment.
- Salary at pay grade 61 (code 1352/pay range 24.5) according to the government salary scale upon appointment. This currently amounts to an annual salary of NOK 553 500 before taxes. Further increase in salary will depend on performance and seniority. For particulary highly qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW).
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of these must be the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Research proposal
- Transcripts and diplomas.
- Relevant certificates/references.
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list).
- Any publications in your name.
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge.
The closing date is November 5, 2021.
The application must be marked with: Reference 21/13501.
Applications sent by e-mail will not be evaluated.
We kindly ask the applicants to follow the guidelines for applicants to postdoctoral fellowships positions at the Faculty of Social Sciences closely. The guidelines are obtainable by contacting [email protected]
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
- Professor Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (Head of Department), e-mail: [email protected], phone +47 55589221
Practical questions about the application process should be directed to Senior Executive Officer Pernille Andersen Hole, e-mail [email protected], phone +47 55589002.
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.