LEDIG STILLING VED UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position at the Department of Economics
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are seven departments and three centres at Faculty of Social Sciences. Read more about the faculty and departments.
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position
There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral research fellow position at the Department of Economics.
The position is for a period of four (4) years, of which 25 % is mandatory work at the Department.
Department of Economics (http://www.uib.no/econ) is one of seven departments at the Faculty of Social Sciences. The Department offers bachelor, master and PhD degrees in economics. Research and teaching at the Department cover a broad spectrum of sub-disciplines.
The Department has research groups in the following three fields:
• Competition and finance
• Welfare, social insurance and health
• Behaviour, energy, environmental and development economics
About the project/work tasks:
The successful candidate is expected to strengthen the Department’s existing research and education profiles. The Research Fellow will be expected to teach and supervise at the bachelor and master levels, and to engage in other tasks at the Department.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within economics, or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- Work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others
- Proficiency in both written and oral English (if the position requires this)
Potential candidates may be invited to the department for an interview and might be asked to hold a trial lecture in a given topic.
Applicants are advised to familiarize themselves with the teaching and research profile at the Department.
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. The fixed-term period for this position is four years. Individuals may not be hired for more than one fixed-term period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
A research proposal of 4-5 pages must accompany the application. The proposal should contain (i) a progress plan for the different parts of the research work, (ii) a publishing plan, and (iii) a budget for operating expences, including data acquisition. It is a requirement that the project is completed within the 4-year period of employment.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment.
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- Salary at pay grade 59 - 62 (code 1352 / pay range 24) according to the state salary scale upon appointment. This currently amounts to an annual salary of NOK 526 000 - 555 800 before taxes. Further promotions are made according to length of service. For particularly highly qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of these must be the the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Research proposal
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted
- Relevant certificates/references
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list)
- Any publications in your name.
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge following the link on this page marked “Apply for this job”.
The application must be marked: 2021/406.
The closing date is 25. February 2021.
Applications sent by e-mail will not be evaluated
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
- Professor Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen (Head of Department), e-mail tommy[email protected]
Practical questions about the application process should be directed to Senior HR Consultant Jannicke Lervik, e-mail [email protected], +47 55589011.
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
We encourage women to apply. If multiple applicants have approximately equivalent qualifications, the rules pertaining to moderate gender quotas shall apply.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.