LEDIG STILLING VED UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN
Postdoctoral research fellow 100 % (3 years) - Department of Clinical Science
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
There are five departments and seven centres at Faculty of Medicine.
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, a full-time (100 %) position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow is available for a period of three (3) years. The position is part of the project ”Genetic alterations governing response to breast cancer therapy”, financed by the Norwegian Research Council.
About the project/work tasks:
- the project focus on identifying genetic alterations predicting sensitivity or resistance to commonly used drugs in breast cancer treatment
- the main assessments of genetic alterations will be based on massive parallel sequencing of biopsies form patients enrolled in the research team’s clinical trials on early breast cancer
- it may be of relevance to extrapolate data into trials and biobanks of other cancer types
- work tasks will include wet-lab analyses (library preparations and sequencing) as well as informatics handling of sequencing data from raw handling and QC till refined secondary analyses
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- the applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within cancer genomics or have the doctoral thesis submitted prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded at the latest within December 08 2021
- the applicant must have wet-lab experience in massive parallel sequencing
- the applicant must have experience in handling massive parallel sequencing data informatically
- the applicant must have experience from translational cancer research studies (preferably from breast cancer)
- the applicant must be able to work independently and in a structured manner and at the same time have the ability to cooperate with others and to work closely integrated in a large team
- the applicant must be fluent in English (both oral and written language)
- the applicant should preferably have experience from assessments of subclonality in cancers and experience form longitudinal assessment of cancers
- the candidate should preferably have experience from method development in relation tothe relevant work tasks For the application to be processed, the candidate must be affiliated with a different research environment than they were in when they did their PhD.
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. Postdoctoral fellowships are fixed term positions. You can not be employed as a postdoctoral fellow for more than one fixed term period at the same institution. Also, you cannot be employed in a postdoctoral position if you have previously held this type of position at a different institution in the region.
Upon appointment, applicants must submit a project proposal for the qualifying work including a work schedule. It is a requirement that the project is completed in the course of the period of employment.
The employee may be assigned required duties in the form of teaching and similar work at the department
We can offer:
- exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- salary level 62 (code 1352/pay framework 24.6) at present NOK 563 900 gross p.a., with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry level 63 (code 1352/pay framework 24.7) at present NOK 574 700, with a medical specialization level 65 (code 1352/pay framework 24.9) at present NOK 594 300, gross p.a. on the government salary scale. Further promotion will be after service seniority in the position
- enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- a brief account of the applicant`s research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- transcripts and diplomas (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations) and documentation of submitted doctoral thesis
- complete list of publications
- publications (pdf) it is important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety
- two referees (name and contact information
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
- Professor Stian Knappskog, Department of Clinical Science. Email: [email protected] ; phone +47 55 97 64 47
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.