LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Postdoctoral Researcher – Data Science / Process Mining / Data Mining
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
.Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Digital conducts research and innovation in the areas of information and communication Technology, technology-oriented social Sciences and Health research. Our multidisciplinary knowledge base is used across all industries and helps our customers exploit and meet the opportunities created by today's omnipresent digital transformation.
Do you want to become an expert in User Journey Mining?
The Human Computer Interaction group at SINTEF Digital in Oslo is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Data Science, Process Mining and/or Data Mining to work in a research project funded by the Norwegian Research Council. The name of the project is "Smart Journey Mining: Towards successful digitalisation of services".
The 3,5-year project will leverage state-of-the-art methods in process mining and formal methods with a systematic, data-driven user perspective. The main overall objective is to develop a theoretical and analytical framework based on user journeys to support operational excellence and, thus, contribute to the successful digitalisation of services. We will analyse, model, and observe how humans interact and experience digital services, rather than taking the perspective of service providers and service systems. The main source of data will come from two industrial service providers.
This is a fixed term position for 2 years and with a starting date 1st of April 2021. The postdoc will be part of the project's core team together with a PhD fellow and researchers from SINTEF, the Process Analysis group at Eindhoven University of Technology, conducting world leading research in Process Mining, and the Analytical Solutions and Reasoning group at the University of Oslo, bringing expertise in formal methods and model-based analysis.
- You will contribute to, and extend, current process mining methods with a particular focus on user-centric analytics as opposed to a system- or process-centric perspective.
- You will take part in the design and development of solutions to integrate several heterogenous sources of sequential event data originating from user interactions in industry use-cases with the goal to raise them to a common granularity level.
- You will apply state-of-the-art process mining and pattern mining techniques paired with machine learning models to discover user patterns and build user journey models.
- Take part in the implementation of a prototype tool for process analytics and simulation with a front end for visualisation of behavioural patterns based on formal methods and process mining.
- Dissemination of results in top scientific journals and conferences.
- A Ph.D. degree in relevant areas such as data science, process mining, pattern mining/recognition, complex event processing, machine learning for sequential data, computer science, or other relevant fields.
- Ability to work independently and within an international team.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with process mining methods and process modelling is a plus.
- Practical experience with processing and storing large event datasets
- Experience in pre-processing and manipulating datasets.
- Strong analytical, algorithmic and research skills.
- The ability to communicate and produce high-quality scientific written reports in English.
- Challenging applied research tasks
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Skilful, experienced, and creative research colleagues
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- A large degree of autonomy, and flexible working hours
- Salary NOK 526.200 – 608.200 per year depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral researcher
- Social benefits (pension plan, insurance, possibility for kindergarten, etc.)
- Possibility for permanent position for the successful candidate
Questions regarding the position:
- Jan Håvard Skjetne (Forskningsleder), +4793409191, [email protected]
- Ragnhild Halvorsrud (Senior Research Scientist), +4797738883, [email protected]