Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Postdoctoral Fellow - Institute of Clinical Medicine
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Postdoctoral Fellow in Neurodegeneration Research Drug Research / Brain Research / Imaging Research
Applicants are invited for a 3-year, full-time position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352) in Neurodegeneration Research / Drug Research / Brain Research / Imaging Research at the Department of Pathology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo
More about the position
The position will be based at the Translational Neurodegeneration Research and Neuropathology Lab (www.pahnkelab.eu).
The lab has received funding within the Joint Programme of Neurodegenerative Diseases (JPND) announcement for the project PETABC together with international partners from Germany, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Latvia, France, and Austria. The project part in Oslo plans to perform new developments and in vivo testing of newly developed PET tracers for ABC A7 and C1 transporters in mouse lines and on slides/cell culture. After development in the lab, we also plan to perform a patient study at one of our partners’ institution.
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The position is also open for candidates who have completed a Postdoctoral Research Fellow period at the University of Oslo. These candidates will be evaluated for a three-year position as Researcher (SKO 1109).
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian PhD/doctoral degree in neurodegeneration research, neuroscience, pharmacology etc.
- extensive experience with PET imaging, preferably brain imaging
- extensive experience in working with mouse models of brain diseases, preferably transgene models (e.g. APP-tg)
- extensive experience in handling transgenic and knockout mouse models, as well as breeding and multiplex genotyping
- good experience in behavioral testing of mouse models
- good experience with the treatment of mouse models
- experience in the function of ABC transporters and the use of in vitro functional assays
- a FELASA C certificate or similar approval / allowance certificate for the work with genetically modified organisms
- a track record of publications in the field of neurodegenerative diseases / pharmacological treatment of mice
- a practical background in neurodegeneration research, zoology, molecular biology, pharmacology is of advantage
- experience in using Excel spreadsheets and Access databases; programming expertise of tools or perform analysis in VisualBasic, Python, R is of help
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- hardworking and curious about the development of new treatments and diagnostic tools for brain diseases
- has a strong interest in neuropathology and animal histology
- is highly structured and works highly responsible
- is friendly and integrative in an international team of researchers
- will contribute with extreme enthusiasm to a work environment in a very ambitious international team
- salary NOK 534 400 to 594 300 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)/ NOK 534 400 to 650 300 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Researcher (position code 1109).
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application (as a single pdf-file) must include
- cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interests)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- a complete list of publications
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number) who are allowed to be contacted
The application with a single pdf-attachment must be delivered through our electronic recruiting system. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications, candidate’s motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
It is expected that the successful candidate is highly enthusiastic and will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Fellow period at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
Inclusion and diversity are a strength. The University of Oslo has a personnel policy objective of achieving a balanced gender composition. We also want to have employees with diverse expertise, combinations of subjects, life experience and perspectives. We will make adjustments for employees who require this.
If there are qualified applicants with special needs, gaps in their CVs or immigrant backgrounds, we will invite at least one applicant in each of these groups to an interview.
- Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. nat. Jens Pahnke, e-mail: [email protected]
Lab homepage: www.pahnkelab.eu
- HR-advisor Karoline Berg-Eriksen (questions regarding the online application form), e-mail: [email protected]