Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Social or Developmental Psychology
Faculty of Social Sciences
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Department of Psychology is one of seven units of the Faculty of Social Sciences, and has 75 permanent and 70 temporary members of scientific staff. Degrees are offered at bachelor and master level, plus a clinical training programme, and the PhD programme has 140 students.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
Department of Psychology
Section for Methology,- Work,- Cultural,- and Social Psychology
Applications are invited for a 3-4 year position as Postdoctoral Fellow in educational psychology to be based at the Department of Psychology, University of Oslo.
The postdoctoral fellow will work within projects led by Professor Rolf Reber. There will also be room to implement own ideas. We are especially interested in:
(1) affective aspects of perception, or
(2) developmental aspects of metacognitive feelings.
More about the position
The appointment is a fulltime position and is made for a period of three to four years; for a three year appointment, 10% of the time is devoted to required duties, usually in the form of teaching activities; for a four-year appointment, teaching duties make up 25%.
Earliest starting date is 1st June 2020
Postdoctoral fellows who are appointed for a period of four years are expected to acquire basic pedagogical competency in the course of their fellowship period within the duty component of 25 %.
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in psychology or other fields relevant to the project. The doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- Doctorate in psychology or related fields with a thesis applying quantitative methods.
- Publication record of high quality (how recent the PhD has been finished will be taken into account).
- Plans for high-quality research within the project, as evidenced a research statement.
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods is required.
- Experience with electromyography (EMG) is required if you like to work in the project on affective aspects of perception.
- Experience in developmental psychology is required if you like to work in the project on the development of metacognitive experiences.
- Preferably, some teaching experience.
- Personal suitability and willingness to collaborate with academics from diverse backgrounds.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Working knowledge of a Scandinavian language, preferably Norwegian, is an advantage. We expect candidates who come from abroad to learn Norwegian within two years.
In the evaluation of the qualified candidates the full range of these criteria will be assessed. Emphasis will be given to high quality in terms of publications.
- Salary NOK 523 200 - 583 900 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- The possibility to attend conferences, courses and workshops
- A professional working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
- Generous pension agreement
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest).
- A research statement, including own ideas (max. 3 pages); more information about the projects can be requested from the Principal Investigator, [email protected]
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity).
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only).
- A complete list of publications.
- Up to three publications that the applicant wishes to be considered.
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number).
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. International applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications and the quality of the project as well as the candidates motivation and personal suitability.
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Fellow period at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
- Principal Investigator: Rolf Reber, e-mail: [email protected] (contact via e-mail preferred)