Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Postdoctoral Fellowship - Section of Methodology, Work-, Cultural- and Social psychology (MAKS)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Department of Psychology is one of seven units of the Faculty of Social Sciences, and has 75 permanent and 70 temporary members of scientific staff. Degrees are offered at bachelor and master level, plus a clinical training programme, and the PhD programme has 140 students.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
Applicants are invited for a 3-4 year position as Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Psychology, University of Oslo. The position is open for candidates with a PhD or equivalent qualification in Psychology. The position is linked to the Section of Methodology, Work-, Cultural-, and Social psychology (MAKS). The Section covers research and teaching within its areas for the bachelor, the master, and the professional/clinical program in psychology.
Applications within all areas covered by the Section are welcome to apply, although applicants within Work and Organizational psychology are especially encouraged to apply.
More about the position
The appointment is a fulltime position and is made for a period of up to four years (with up to 25 % of which is devoted to required duties, usually in the form of teaching activities) depending on the Department’s needs and the qualifications of the candidate.
Postdoctoral fellows who are appointed for a period of four years are expected to acquire basic pedagogical competency in the course of their fellowship period within the duty component of 25 %.
The primary objective of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The applicant must propose a research project thematically within the scope of the Section. The appointee is expected to relate her/his research project to the ongoing research activities conducted at the Section and to cooperate closely with the permanent staff within her/his area of research.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in psychology or equivalent. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defense of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Applicants should demonstrate good knowledge and proficiency in qualitative and/or quantitative research methodology.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Applicants must have fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- The applicant’s research focus must be relevant to the research activities taking place at the Section.
- The ability to perform high impact work, demonstrated by previous publications in relevant publication channels, is considered positive.
Applicants are advised to familiarize themselves with the teaching and research profile at the Section. Priority can be given to projects that contribute to enhanced collaboration within the Section or other Sections at the Department. The teaching language is Norwegian, one of the Scandinavian languages, or English.
- Salary NOK 523 200 – 583 900 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- A professional working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
- A generous pension agreement
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- Project description, including progress plan (max. 5-8 pages, excluding references)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity).
- Applicants who have had statutory care leaves should document that.
- Copies of educational certificates or diplomas (academic transcripts only)
- A complete list of publications
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. International applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants will be evaluated based on the project description, documented academic qualifications, dissemination of results, as well as qualifications in teaching, management and administration. In the assessment of the project description and publications, originality, quality, scope, and ethics will be emphasized. Ability to collaborate in research projects, motivation, and personal suitability will be taken into consideration during the appointment process. Academic achievements will be weighed against career stage.
It is expected that the appointee will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
Interviews with the best qualified applicants may be arranged.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Fellow period at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds. We encourage women and people with ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for the position.
- Head of Section, Knut Inge Fostervold, +47-22845057, [email protected]
- Head of Administration, Birgitte Bøgh-Olsen, +47-22845104, [email protected]