Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Head Engineer - Department of Education
About the position
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Department of Education was established in 1938 and is one of three departmentsand is one of three departmentsat The Faculty of Educational Sciences.The research is based on traditions from both the social and the human sciences, and the department thus accommodates great breadth in topics and perspectives. The department employs approximately 100 people; 49 scientific staff, 35 doctoral and post-doctoral students, and 16 administrative/technical staff. The number of students is approximately 900.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo has a full-time position as a scientific programmer to strengthen our focus on digital research infrastructures, particularly for learning analytics.
Experiences with specifications for learning technology, integrating and formatting data, data analysis (e.g. Python, R), and data visualizations are relevant and appreciated.
In addition, there will be demands for translating requirements, needs, and interaction design into implementation and high-quality code, as wll as a strong familiarity with version control systems (principally GitHub), IDEs, and workflow tools. There will be extensive communication with researchers in education and informatics, and the programmer will contribute productively in UI/UX discussions.
The position is located at Department of Education within the Faculty of Education and collaborate with scientific programmers and researchers in a group (EngageLab) developing research infrastructures across all the departments at the Faculty.
EngageLab is a small unit working on a diverse range of projects; therefore, this scientific programmer will have to adapt to a range of technologies and services, be flexible to maintain multiple project scopes in parallel, responsible, pro-active and able to work independently.
As a scientific programmer you will focus on:
- Development of tools and environments for technology enhanced learning.
- Develop and integrate tools into existing learning environments (e.g. Canvas).
- Designing and implementing research data collection strategies from use of such tools and environments.
- Maintaining information security in all phases of interventions; deployment, network traffic, storage and analysis of research data.
- Develop and maintain tools and environments for learning analytics (collection, analysis and reporting of data about learners and their contexts).
- Negotiate interaction design and other stated needs into high quality code.
- Implement solutions, ranging from prototypes and pilots to mature products.
- Deploy code for high volume use and within regulations for information security.
- Collaborate with fellow developers, designers and research staff.
- Support and conduct experiments in schools, museums, and public spaces, e.g. field tests with technology.
- Relevant university education, with a minimum of a master’s degree. Other qualifications are also taken into account and can compensate formal education.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS, and supporting workflow tools.
- Ability to work under time and budget constraints
- Communication skills including English language
- Salary according to position code 1087 Head Engineer, NOK 513 600 - 583 900 a year dependent on experience and formal background.
- Pension arrangements in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive working life enterprise
- Attractive welfare arrangements
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter statement of motivation
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our recruiting system.
At the interview the applicant will be asked to present original diplomas and grade transcripts.
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about
the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.