Ledig stilling ved OsloMet
Professor in digitalisation of health care services and education
You will strengthen our research on the effects of digitalisation in health care services and health care professions, and on the implications of these effects for health care education. Your work will be part of the University’s strategy for research on digitalisation and contribute to the development of international projects of high quality, such as projects on the ERC-advanced grant level.
OsloMet – storbyuniversitetet er landets tredje største universitet, med over 20 000 studenter og mer enn 2000 ansatte. OsloMet leverer kunnskap og yrkesutøvere samfunnet er avhengig av, og er tett på arbeidslivets behov. OsloMet er et urbant og mangfoldig universitet med internasjonalt preg og et attraktivt studie- og arbeidssted med studiesteder midt i Oslo og på Kjeller ved Lillestrøm. Tilstedeværelsen i hovedstadsregionen gir universitetet gode muligheter til å forstå og høste fordelene av byens varierte befolkningssammensetning.
The position is a collaboration between the Faculty of Health and the Centre for the Study of Professions and our joint programme for research on the digitalisation of health care services educations.
This call is part of the larger initiative.
The research area and the position
Today we are experiencing a digital revolution. It has already affected medical work and health care in many ways such as processing data, diagnostics, spreading of information about medical diagnostics, assisted living technologies. As technology replace individual tasks and specialist knowledge is made more readily available, some health care work will be transformed radically, and new specialities will appear. In certain areas, technologies can replace humans, and in other cases man and technology can work together to solve problems neither would be able to do well separately The professorate will have its focus on the consequences of digitalisation on health care services, professional work, education and training. We are interested in applications from researchers in a wide range of disciplines (such as social sciences, humanities and health care professions), and the overriding criteria for distinguishing between applicants of relevance will be their scientific merit and potential research and research projects at a high international level.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- research on the digitalisation of health care services, professional work, education and training
- develop international projects of high quality
- communicate the implications of this research for health care educations
- active collaboration with key research groups at OsloMet
- teaching and supervision at Bachelor's, Master’s and PhD level
- develop productive collaboration with national and international partners both in education and research
- facilitate research development and network performance
- qualifications as Professor* in relevant disciplines and fields, such as social sciences, natural sciences, humanities and health care professions
- a strong international record as leading scholars within their field of research
- experience as project leader in international projects
*Candidates with outstanding talent and near a full professor level are also encouraged to apply. See below for more information.
Fundamental competency in teaching and supervision at the university and college level is required, as well as documented:
- quality development in own teaching and supervision over time
- extensive experience with supervision, preferably at the master / PhD level
- participation in the development of educational quality in professional communities
Applicants who are unable to document basic teaching qualifications on appointment must acquire these qualifications within two years. OsloMet offers a course on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (UHPED), in English together with the University of Oslo that meets this requirement.
Proficiency in oral and written English is required. Applicants who do not have adequate proficiency in a Scandinavian language must acquire Norwegian skills corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of commencement.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
Emphasis will be placed on
- scientific production from the last 6 years. Scientific production can include innovation, development and design in a market-oriented context.
- experience with managing research and innovation networks
- potential for external project acquisition
- capability in communicating and cooperating with students and colleagues
- personal qualities that contribute positively to the working environment
Personal qualities necessary for the position:
- can facilitate interdisciplinary and innovative research
- can cooperate and build relations, both internally, nationally and internationally
- show resourcefulness and flexibility
- motivate and inspire students and colleagues
- can lead and work independently
OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. By the application deadline, please upload the following documents together with your application:
- CV, references and all pages of your certificates/diplomas
- a list of scientific publications
- up to 10 scientific publications
- a description of the current/recent research portfolio
You must upload all the documents in order for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact [email protected]
*If there are no qualified competitive applicants, we may consider an appointment to a temporary position at professor level, on the condition that the appointee qualifies for a permanent full professorship position within three years.
- an exciting career opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- participation in a dynamic professional community
- opportunities for academic development
- loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners
- relocation support, cultural courses and on-boarding services
- working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale 1013 Professor. The salary is NOK 704 900 – 906 000, pay grade 75-84 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Centre Director, Oddgeir Osland, +47 67 23 53 26, [email protected]
- Dean Gro Jamtvedt, +47 67 23 60 09, [email protected]
If you wish to apply for the position, please do so via our application portal.
Deadline for applications: 9.12.19
OsloMet har implementert Charter & Code og er sertifisert av EU kommisjonen til HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R).
OsloMet deltar i EU nettverket for mobilitet av forskere Euraxess.