Ledig stilling ved Simula
Summer Internships in Edge Computing
Simula UiB is building an edge computing network from scratch. We are looking for 3 summer interns to join the project alongside our researchers for the summer 2020 (exact dates to be discussed with the candidate).
- There will soon be billions of connected devices in everything from self-driving cars to sensors
- These devices need access to powerful computers for demanding machine learning models and data analysis etc.
- Placing computing resources closer to the users can increase reliability and reduce latency, which will be critical for future transportation systems and other applications
You will be working on
- Distributed systems and computing frameworks
- Wireless communication and software-defined radio
- Computer security
The work consists of system design and systems programming (exact tasks can be discussed).
- A chance to work with and learn new technologies
- A great deal of freedom
- Mentoring and guidance
- Great offices and working environment
- A competitive salary
- Be pursuing a BSc or MSc in a technical field
- Love programming
- Get things done
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
Simula UiB uses Semac´s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.