Ledig stilling ved NIVA
The Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) is Norway’s leading institute for applied research on marine and freshwaters. The institute has world-class, multidisciplinary expertise across a wide array of environmental, climatic and resource-related fields. We combine research, monitoring, evaluation, problem-solving and advisory services at international, national and local levels.
Norsk institutt for vannforskning
Norsk institutt for vannforskning (NIVA) er Norges viktigste miljøforskningsinstitutt for vannfaglige spørsmål, og vi arbeider innenfor et bredt spekter av miljø, klima og ressursspørsmål. Vår forskerkompetanse kjennetegnes av solid faglig bredde, og spisskompetanse innen mange viktige områder. Vi kombinerer forskning, overvåkning, utredning, problemløsning og rådgivning, og arbeider på tvers av fagområder.
NIVA-gruppen har omlag 340 medarbeidere. NIVA har hovedkontor i Oslo og regionavdelinger i Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar, København og Kina, en forskningsstasjon ved Drøbak, samt datterselskaper i Tromsø og Chile.
NIVA covers a broad set of water and water-related environmental data from monitoring programs, field studies, modelling and samples analysed in NIVA’s laboratories. The data include physical, chemical and biological quantities.
The NIVA group has approximately 340 employees, with a head office is in Oslo and regional offices in Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar and Copenhagen, plus a research station at Drøbak (Oslofjord) and subsidiaries in Tromsø, Chile and China.
As a part of NIVA’s ongoing efforts to deliver environmental data services to the community around us, we are hiring a full-time data engineer (2-year contract) focusing on data management, data stewardship, data wrangling and data science.
- Data wrangling: prepare, analyse and facilitate efficient use of data by NIVA’s researchers.
- Data management, data governance and reporting of environmental data towards national authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Take part in research projects: data preparation, quality assurance, analytics and data science.
- Contribution to additional development projects.
- The work will be done in close collaboration with colleagues in the environmental data science section, as well as scientists and technicians across NIVA’s research domains.
- Educated within IT/informatics or software engineering, preferably systems or software development, data management, databases or statistics.
- Experience with programming can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Experience with data wrangling, databases (like Oracle, PostgreSQL, Access, etc.), data integration and data reporting will be an advantage.
- A background from working with data in natural sciences is also highly beneficial.
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented candidate with good communication skills, who wishes to work in a broad, interdisciplinary and international research group with colleagues from a range of backgrounds. NIVA seeks a flexible candidate with the ability to work on a variety of tasks. NIVA is an environmental research institute so we value candidates who will appreciate the importance of this work on a global scale.
- Stimulating tasks in a leading national water research institute with great social significance.
- An opportunity for professional and personal development.
- A multicultural, social and creative work environment, as well as being part of an enthusiastic team of developers, data scientists and engineers.
- Competitive conditions and salaries, pension plans and insurance benefits.
Webcruiter ID: 4103080314
- Kristoffer Kalbekken (Head of environmental datascience), +47 900 66 149