Ledig stilling ved Universitetet i Bergen
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW (Gynecological Cancer)
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science (K2), a full-time (100 %) position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow is available for a period of three (3) years. The position is part of the project ”Improving treatment for women with endometrial cancer”, financed by The Norwegian Research Council. The project is headed by professor Camilla Krakstad and the candidate will be part of Bergen Research group for Gynecological Cancer.
About the project/work tasks:
We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious candidate who wishes to work in a translational research group with close collaboration with the clinical environment. The main objective of the project is to identify new molecular markers for gynecological cancer.The candidate will also work on a project on quality of life after cancer treatment and will be involved in a population survey concerning knowledge on gynecological cancers. The candidate will use a combination of molecular techniques, genetic studies and statistical knowledge for analysis of both clinical and genetic data.
- The candidate will be responsible for analyzing sequencing profiles and will collaborate with researchers in the group to integrate new data with existing information.
- For the analysis of genetic data, the candidate will also be responsible for validating findings.
- The project also includes two subprojects where follow-up data after cancer treatment as well as collected data from a population survey will be investigated. For these subprojects, good statistical knowledge and good knowledge on gynecological cancer will be an advantage.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within medicine, biomedicine, molecular biology, bioinformatics or similar or have the doctoral thesis submitted and approved prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded
- The candidate must be able to document experience from animal experiments and should have completed course in animal research.
- Experience from analysis of clinical and genetic data will be emphasized.
- Selection of candidate for the position will be based on scientific merits, relevant scientific competence and experience from similar projects.
- The candidate must have proficiency in written and oral English
- Work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. Postdoctoral fellowships are fixed term positions. You can not be employed as a postdoctoral fellow for more than one fixed term period at the same institution. Also, you cannot be employed in a postdoctoral position if you have previously held this type of position at a different institution in the region.
Upon appointment, applicants must submit a project proposal for the qualifying work including a work schedule. For postdoctoral research fellow positions associated with externally financed projects, the completion of the project proposal for the qualifying work will take place in consultation with the project/centre manager. It is a requirement that the project is completed in the course of the period of employment.
We can offer:
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- salary level 59 (code 1352/pay framework 24.3) at present NOK 523 200 gross p.a., with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry level 61 (code 1352/pay framework 24.5) at present NOK 542 400 gross p.a., with a medical specialization level 63 (code 1352/pay framework 24.7) at present NOK 563 700 gross p.a. on the government salary scale. Further promotion will be after service seniority in the position. Salary is under adjustment
- enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- a brief account of the applicant`s research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- transcripts and diplomas (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations) and documentation of approved doctoral thesis
- complete list of publications
- publications (pdf) it is important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety
- two referees (name and contact information)
For further information please contact:
- Professor Camilla Krakstad, e-post: [email protected], telefon: 55 97 67 97
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.