LEDIG STILLING VED HØGSKOLEN I INNLANDET
Post-Doctoral fellow position - mental health among elderly
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 14,000 students and 1,000 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic environments that will seek to spearhead regional, national and international developments in its core areas of strength.
We are committed to further developing our academic research and pedagogical environments, with the aim of achieving university accreditation by 2020.
Our vision is "Stronger Together".
About the position
The Faculty of Social and Health Sciences at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences is delighted to announce a temporary 100% Post-Doctoral position attached to Institute of Health and Nursing Sciences.
It is anticipated that the position will contribute to the further develop of research in the area of mental health of the elderly which is central at all levels of education; BA, MA and the faculties new ph.d.-program Health and Welfare (under accreditation).
Elderly care that includes the elderly's quality of life and mental health can be described as one of the most important, but also most challenging societal tasks in the future. The challenges may include both how to care for a growing group of people who require care, and how to ensure high quality in the care provided. In addition to a higher incidence of chronic and life-threatening physical illness in the elderly, there is also a higher incidence of mental illness and disorders in this patient group than for the rest of the population. More elderly people suffer from depression and anxiety and many suffer from dementia. The care required becomes more complex and resource-intensive, and this also applies to providing appropriate relief (palliative care) at the end of life. Key national guiding documents point to the need for knowledge and development within elderly care in general and elderly patients' experience of quality of life, meaning of life / mental health in particular.
Relevant research areas can be person-centred / user-driven care, the needs of the elderly and relatives with a focus on quality of life and existential issues, quality development of seamless / integrated services with a focus on innovative solutions for elderly care in the municipal healthcare service, competence development for health personnel, or use of volunteers in elderly care.
Key work tasks
Research activities of international standard are expected where requirements are set for scientific insight and analytical thinking, in accordance with good scientific practice and research ethics standards.
It is expected that the candidate, as part of qualifying to professor competence, will contribute in establishing a research group on quality of life in elderly, contribute to establish collaboration and network with strategic and relevant partners in the region, nationally and internationally, and applying for external research funding.
The position is full-time and temporary, with a duration of three (3) years, alternatively 80% research and 20% teaching position over four years associated with the Department of Health and Nursing Sciences (IHS) at the Faculty of Social and Health Sciences.
- Professor Knut Hestad, Tel: +47 62 43 01 10, Mob: +47 412 10 640, email: [email protected]
- Vice Dean of research Anne-Stine Dolva, Tel: +47 61 28 80 24, Mob: + 47 404 08 778, email: [email protected]
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience
- Documented a doctoral degree or degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree (PhD) relevant to the position / scientific competence at associate professor level within the relevant subject area within nursing sciences, health or social sciences, or related disciplines,
- Strong knowledge from the mental health area.
- Strong knowledge of the Nordic Welfare model and the Norwegian health care system
- Practical experience from nursing homes or home-based care services.
- Documented, relevant research production with scientific publications at a high - preferably international - level is a requirement.
- Documented, scientific publications with a focus on the elderly / elderly care are a requirement.
- Broad clinical and research experience in the field of mental health work is desirable.
- The candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the subject areas through clinical competence or experience with interdisciplinary collaboration within the municipal healthcare service within elderly care.
- Documentable popular science and other dissemination work, such as contributions to conferences, is desirable.
- Pedagogical competence and experience are desirable.
- Good written and spoken English language skills. Proficiency in written and spoken Norwegian language is desirable.
- Candidates from non-English speaking countries have to present documentation of proficiency in the English language, and will be tested, if necessary.
- The candidate must have good execution abilities
- Be able to work independently
- Be proactive towards external partners
- Have the ability to communicate well with partners and colleagues
- Flexibility and independence are emphasized
- General good ICT competence is a requirement
It is assumed that the person employed has the ability to both work independently and is able to show the ability and willingness to motivate and collaborate with the department's and faculty's employees, students and management.
The assessment of which candidate is best qualified for the position will consist of a comprehensive evaluation of education, experience and personal suitability, in addition to motivation and other qualification requirements as formulated in the vacancy text.
How to apply
Application and all attachments are to be registered electronically via "Apply for position".
The applicationshould be written in English, and must include:
- Application letter
- Application, CV, diplomas, work experience, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, acquisition work, coordination experience and other qualifying activities. Certified copies of diplomas and certificates must be submitted as electronic attachments or links to the application. In addition, one page of reflection on your pedagogical background and your own pedagogical development is required.
- Draft (4 pages) of research project(s) with description of the project’s relevance and outcome.
- Overview of externally funded projects.
- List of publications in the last five years.
- Up to 8 works for assessment.
- A short document (2 pages) giving a critical assessment of how the applicant would contribute to the further development of the research area in the faculty and network building with relevant external partners.
- Please provide references in the application.
If you have any questions about uploading an attachment or other technical matters regarding the application, Jobbnorge customer service can be contacted. Contact information is provided as a link in the application form.
Relevant applications will be considered by an expert committee.
Qualified applicants will be called in for an interview.
Requests for exemptions from the public applicant list must be clearly justified and stated via the electronic application form. Applicants will be contacted if INN University cannot comply with the request (cf. § 25 of the Freedom of Information Act).
In Norway the state workforce must, as far as possible, reflect the diversity of the population. It is therefore a personnel policy goal at INN University to achieve a balanced age and gender composition and to recruit people with an immigrant background. The working conditions are adapted, where necessary, for persons with disabilities. If applicants declare in their CV that they have a disability, this information can be used for registration purposes in connection with the target employment number.
- An exciting and challenging job at a developing institution, dedicated colleagues and a supportive working environment
- The position’s salary follows position code 1352 POSTDOCTOR in the state's wage regulations, determined according to competence and experience
For more information about INN University as an employer, please see here.