Helse Bergen har en ledig spennende stilling!
Postdoctoral fellow - Department of Pathology (Laboratory Medicine and Pathology)
Helse Bergen, Haukeland universitetssjukehus, har over 13.000 tilsette som har som mål å gi best mogleg helsehjelp til pasientane våre, og rett opplæring til pasientar og pårørande. Kvart år behandlar vi over 900.000 pasientar og bidreg i utdanninga av fleire tusen helsearbeidarar. Forsking og innovasjon er og viktige oppgåver i sjukehuset. Les meir på www.helse-bergen.no eller facebook.
Advances in information technology are revolutionizing the field of pathology. Digitization of microscopic slides will enable computational support of pathologists in their daily diagnostic tasks. Never before has so much data been generated in pathology laboratories.
Already now, there is much expertise in the region related to digital pathology and image analysis. By 2022, all four pathology departments in Helse Vest will digitalize all microscopy work on tissue specimen, so that pathologists perform daily diagnostics surrounded by computer screens.
In 2020, the Departments in Bergen and Stavanger received a major strategic funding to develop next generation image analysis applications for quantification of biomarkers, pattern recognition and optimization of processing workflows. In the end of the funding period, a coordination center for applications in computational pathology should be in place in Helse Vest.
The vision of the strategic research project Pathology in the Western Norwegian Health Region - a center for applied digitization is to develop methods that use pathology data and transfer it to important clinical information.
The project is in its initial phase. Currently there are 3 ongoing PhD projects in Stavanger and Bergen. At the Bergen localization, a postdoc position is vacant. The main task of this position will be to develop computer-aided diagnosis based on digital slides of pathological conditions. Beyond that, there will be the opportunity to accompany the strategic project from the very beginning and to play a significant role in shaping it and transfer accomplishments into clinical application.
Development of chronic kidney disease is one main research focus in Bergen. Therefore, some projects will be performed in collaboration with the Renal Research Group at the University of Bergen and with the Norwegian Renal Registry. The project has the task of bringing the pathology departments in the region closer together and establishing common organisational structures in the region. We therefore emphasise the importance of close cooperation between the departments. We expect the project participants to actively contribute to this cooperation and to support it.
- Develop, validate and test machine learning algorithms on digital images of both tumorous and inflammatory conditions
- Participate in development and implementation of computational tools in the diagnostic workflow
- Contribute to supervision of students from Bachelor-level to PhD-level
- Contribute to development of project plans and preparation of applications
- PhD or equivalent degree in one of the following areas: medical image analysis, bioinformatics, computer science, computer vision, or mathematics
- Expertise in Python as well as expertise in deep learning model development with Tensorflow / Pytorch or similar
- Programming background: R, Matlab
- Background in computer vision and artificial intelligence
- Expertise in handling of big data volumes
- Establishing and maintenance of databases
- Fluent oral and written English
- You are a creative and enthusiastic researcher who enjoys working at the cutting edge of technology
- You have a special interest and motivation to work in an interdisciplinary environment and to contribute to better pathology services
- You do have good communication skills to work with pathologists for annotation and validation tasks and with the technical laboratory staff of the laboratory with quality issues of histological slides.
- High professional level
- Salary in accordance with agreement
- Sabine Leh (Project Manager), +47 48116152, [email protected]
- Anna Elisabeth Thunstrøm (Ass. head of department), +47 55973214