Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Associate Professor of Medicine (Gastrointestinal surgery)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
About the position
A three year temporary position as Associate Professor (20 % position) of Medicine Gastrointestinal surgery) is available at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation.
The Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation hosts a broad and extensive research portfolio. The clinical activity at the division focuses on highly specialized treatment and tertiary referral patient groups, with several regional and national responsibilities within the thematic areas of hepatobiliary- and gastrointestinal surgery, paediatric surgery, organ transplantation, dermatology, rheumatology and several medical and surgical subspecialties, including gastrointestinal surgery. The research portfolio and teaching responsibilities include patients with a variety of hepatic, pancreatic and biliary disorder.
According to the regulations at the Faculty of Medicine, the person appointed will lead and initiate research, supervise researchers, participate in teaching students and research fellows and undertake duties in connection with examinations, as well as undertaking administrative tasks as required by the prevailing regulations.
Qualification requirements and personal skills
- Applicants must hold an MD and have sufficient clinical and surgical experience in gastrointestinal and general surgery to teach medical students broadly within relevant topics.
- The successful applicant must have a strong research background in gastrointestinal surgery, preferably in hepatobiliary or pancreatic cancer research.
- High ambitions and quality of teaching, research and communications are expected.
- The applicant should have the ability to lead research of high scientific quality within the thematic priorites of the division.
- Applicants should have the ability to create a stimulating academic environment within the department, be able to attract PhD students and postdoctors, and have a keen ability to develop patient care to scientifically-based high standards.
- Interpersonal skills be emphasised. Active collaboration, also interdisciplinary and internationally is expected.
Applicants, who at the time of appointment cannot provide documentary evidence of basic teaching competence, must acquire such competence within two years subsequent to their employment.
Applicants who are not competent in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish must acquire such competence within two years subsequent to their appointment, and must be competent in English in the interim period.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation for the position please see:
The teaching methods requires the successful applicant to participate on regular basis in the clinical activities and the applicant must therefore hold a permanent position at det Rikshospitalet campus HPB_Unit whitin the Department of Gastrointestinal and Paediatric Surgery.
Applicants who do not satisfy the abovementioned qualifications and requirements will not be able to fulfill the job assignements, and will therefore not be considered qualified for the position.
How to apply
Application for the position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form—-phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Application with attachments must be submitted via our online recruitment system. Please note that all documentation must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
More information on assessment and weighting of qualifications is found at http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships please see: https://www.uio.no/english/about/regulations/personnel/academic/rules-appointment-professor.html
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- Salary depending on qualifications
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
Please refer to the Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships at the University of Oslo, the Guide for Applicants and Members of the Assessment Committee and Rules for practicing the requirement for basic pedagogical competence at the University of Oslo.
The University of Oslo has a transfer agreement with all employees that is intended to secure the rights to all research results etc.
The University of Oslo has a personnel policy objective of achieving a balanced gender composition and to recruit people with an immigrant background.
Pursuant to section 25(2) of the Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public, even if the applicant has requested not to appear on the list of applicants.
- Morten Tandberg Eriksen, e-mail: [email protected], tel.no: 908 26 625
For questions regarding the application process: Senior adviser HR Heidi Falch Ecklund, e-mail: [email protected], tel.no: 907 30 348