Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor of Medicine (Neurology)
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Adjunct Professor or Associate Professor of neurology. The part-time professorship (20 %) is combined with a full-time (100 %) senior consultant position at Akershus University Hospital. The hospital has ongoing research within several fields, such as clinical research, population-based health research and molecular biology Research.
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Akershus University Hospital is the largest acute hospital in Norway, and local and area hospital for close to 10% of the Norwegian population. We have a fast growing research environment in the field of medicine and health sciences.
Akershus University Hospital aims for our work force to reflect our values of multi-disciplinarity, diversity and equality. We therefore seek a balance in the age and gender profile of our staff, and we are particularly interested in recruiting people from ethnic minorities.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
Relating to the main position:
The 20 % position as professor is combined with a full time (100 %) position in the Department of Neurology as a senior consultant. The department is responsible for diagnosis and treatment of all kind of neurological diseases, including stroke and stroke mimicks. The hospital is currently establishing thrombectomy for the treatment of acute stroke. The research activity at the department is mainly focused on dementia and cognitive impairment, stroke, headache and multiple sclerosis.
The successful applicant will have an important role in developing research in the department as well as teaching medical students. The appointee will have the opportunity to develop new ideas and studies and also develop collaboration with researchers nationally and internationally. Successful applications for funding of research will be expected. Broad clinical and research competence will be an advantage. The succesful candidate will have a special role in supporting the acute stroke unit both clinically and academically, and clinical and academic experience within acute stroke treatments is therefore required. Applicants must hold an MD, be a certified specialist in neurology, and have sufficient clinical experience to teach medical students
Relating to the academic position:
The academic position is part time 20 %.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an attractive research environment will be emphasised. Active collaboration, also interdisciplinary and internationally is expected.
For complete job description with qualificationrequirements and basis of evaluation, please see:
We can offer:
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- High academic standards
- A favorable pension arrangement (Statens pensjonskasse)
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form—-phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
More information can be found here: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships please see:
- Tormod Fladby (Professor, Head of Department of Neurology Ahus), +47 92817764
- Trygve Holmøy (Professor, Head of Division of Internal Medicin and Laboratory sience), +47 91731968
- Torbjørn Omland (Head og Campus Ahus, professor), +47 40107050
- Tove Nordvik (HR-Officer in carge, Institute of Clinical Medicine - questions regarding the acaemic application), +47 22850545