Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Professor II / Associate Professor (20 % position) in medicine (Endocrinology)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway's oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is the oldest medical faculty in Norway. The Faculty is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1,500 employees and about 2000 students. The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute.
Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialised hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments and the provision of high quality services for the citizens of Oslo. The hospital also has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments and has several national centres of competence. The hospital is Scandinavia's largest and we each year carry out more than 1.2 million patient treatments. Oslo University Hospital is responsible for approximately 50 percent of all medical and healthcare research conducted at Norwegian hospitals and is a significant role player within the education of a large variety of health care personnel. We are an emergency hospital for East and Southern Norway and have national emergency assignments. The hospital has a total budget of NOK 17 billion. More than 20,000 employees are engaged with activities at more than 40 different locations.
A permanent 100% position as Senior Consultant in Endocrinology is available at the Section for thyroid, calcium disorders and osteoporosis, Department of Endocrinology, Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, Division of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital.
The position is affiliated with a part time position as Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (Endocrinology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
About the position
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Professor II /Associate Professor (20 % position) of Medicine (Endocrinology).
The part-time academic position (20%) is combined with a full-time Senior Consultant position at the The University Hospital.
The combined position is published at Oslo University Hospital. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position here.
Regarding the full time position at Oslo University Hospital
The sections of Endocrinology are responsible for patient treatment at two sites within OUH, at Aker and Rikshospitalet. Section for thyroid, calcium disorders and osteoporosis as well as Section for diabetes are located at Aker. Section for Specialized Endocrinology is located at Rikshospitalet. Most of the clinical work is atthe outpatient clinics, but we are also responsible for evaluating and treating hospitalized patients with endocrinological problems and the applicant must accept working at all OUH’s sites as required. There are 10 Senior Consultant positions at these sections, out of which four currently are attached to professor II or associate professor (20%) positions. The vacant position is the fourth permanent academic position in the department.
The sections of Endocrinology have a substantial clinical activity and a highly active and internationally renowned research environment. The applicant is expected to take a leading position clinically as well as scientifically within one or more of the sections’ fields of expertise.
- The working tasks will be allocated according to the department needs.
- The applicant must participate in the ordinary clinical work at the department
- The applicant is expected to contribute to training of clinical fellows, run courses and participate in quality improvement routines.
- The applicant is expected to participate in the on-call duty of the department.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS.
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in internal medicine and endocrinology
- The applicant should have broad experience within the fields of endocrinology
- Working efficient and conscience fully
- Personal qualifications of the applicant, including documented collaborative skills, will be important.
- Patient management involves empathic communication skills at a high level towards patients and their families.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian or a compatible Scandinavian language is required.
- Senior Consultant positions : Requirement for Norwegian specialist training in relevant specialty
We can offer
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties. The Department continuously aims to enhance the quality of the service through recruitment of applicants with particularly valuable expertise.
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
Regarding the part-time position at University of Oslo
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see this link.
Applications for the academic part-time position must include
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF files.
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments toAssociate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills.
- Senior Consultant position OUH: Lene Kristine Seland, Head of Department of Endocrinology, Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, e-mail: [email protected] or phone: 47 22894000
- Senior Consultant position University of Oslo: Professor Jens Bollerslev, Department of Endocrinology, Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, e-mail: [email protected] or phone: +47 23 07 00 00
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Tverfjell, [email protected]
Webcruiter ID: 4323280683