Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Professor II / Associate Professor 20 % position - Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
Professor II / Associate Professor 20 % position, combined with a full time position as Senior Consultant at the Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
About the position
We have a vacant position as Professor II/ Associate Professor (20 % position) of the Medicine (obstetrics and gynaecology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine. The position is combined with a full time position (100%) as Senior Consultant position at the Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oslo University Hospital (OUH).
The combined position as published via OUH. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
A full time permanent position as Senior Consultant in one of the 4 clinical Departments at the Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oslo University Hospital, is available. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor (20 % position) in Medicine (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at Oslo University Hospital (OUH):
Oslo University Hospital has local, regional, multiregional, and national responsibilities in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is mainly located at two campuses, Rikshospitalet and Ullevål, and is currently organized in four clinical departments and one department for research and innovation. All clinical departments are involved in patient care, teaching of medical students and of other health care professionals, and with a focus on relevant clinical and basic research. Many of the research groups are leading in their field and are involved in national and international collaborations.
Short description of the position’s work tasks:
- Contribute to the ordinary clinical work at the department, in particular that related to the patient ward and the daycare unit, and participate in the work-up and care of the patient groups
- Participate in the on-call system of the department.
- Contribute to the training of clinical fellows, run courses and participate in quality improvement routines.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS, for the time being mostly Ullevål and Rikshospitalet.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position, please see: http://https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2020-1800_Adjunct%20_professor_Associate_Professor_Medicine_obstetrics-gynaecology.pdf
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and upload the documents as one PDF file (maximum 10MB). See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
- Applicants must hold an MD or an equivalent degree
- Applicants must hold specialist qualifications in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and they must be able to document broad clinical experience within the fields of at least one of the clinical departments (obstetrics, gynaecology, reproduction, fetal medicine). The applicant will be expected to teach in any of these fields that currently lack teachers.The applicant is expected to be qualified for on call rotation according to clinical competence Level.
- The applicants must be fluent in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish, as the position involves clinical patient work. In addition, the teaching position requires fluency in English (see below).
- The personal qualifications of the applicant, including his/hers collaborative skills, will be important.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to create an attractive research environment will be emphasized.
- Communication skills at a high level towards patients and their families.
We can offer
- Good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a University Hospital
- Interesting and demanding clinical work
- Work in a dynamic, friendly and highly competent environment
- Large possibilities for integration between clinical work and Research
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine:Åse Ragnhild Halfstad, e-mail: [email protected]
Webcruiter ID: 4232783243
- ContactsMarit Lieng (Klinikkleder), 98606578
- Annetine Staff (Forskningsleder), 41303081