Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Professor / Associate Professor 20% position of Medicine (Forensic Pathology)
About the position
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Adjunct Professor position code 9301/Associate professor position code 1011 in Medicine (Forensic Pathology) at the Department of Laboratory Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo. The part-time professorship (20%) is combined with a full-time (100%) position as Senior consultant at the Department of Forensic Sciences, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Oslo University Hospital. The combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital.
Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant in Forensic pathology and Clinical forensic medicine is available at Department for Forensic Sciences, Division of Laboratory Medicine at Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Professor II SKO 8013 /Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (Forensic Medicine) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:
Department of Forensic Sciences has important assignments within Forensic Pathology and Clinical Forensic Medicine, Forensic Genetics, Forensic Toxicology and Forensic Age assessment. The department has important case work assignments and conducts research to be able to deliver scientific based biomedical knowledge of high international level to the court and the society. For more information (in Norwegian).
Section of Forensic Pathology and Clinical Forensic Medicine provides professional services for the police, prosecution authority and the court in the fields of forensic pathology, death scene investigation and different aspect of clinical forensic medicine.
The section has around 40 employees, including medical doctors, autopsy technicians, laboratory engineers, researchers, advisors/ consultants and an administrative staff. For more information (in Norwegian).
Duties and responsibilities
- Research and project management in accordance with guidelines and action plans at Division of Forensic Sciences within the fields of forensic pathology and clinical forensic medicine
- Forensic pathology and clinical forensic medicine case work. Some assignments may request expert witness testimony in court.
- Provide guidance and training of medical doctors specializing in the field
- Teaching and administrative tasks Participation in the department’s provision of emergency preparedness is expected
- Norwegian authorization as medical doctor
- Experience related to forensic medicine in Norway or other Nordic countries
- Considerable experience within forensic pathology and clinical forensic medicine case work (comparable to experience as independent medical expert witness)
- Specialist training within forensic medicine from another Nordic country is an advantage
- Experience from other relevant subject areas as pathology, surgery, pediatrics, radiology, intensive care medicine and sexual assault center is an advantage
- Strong language skills in Norwegian and English, both oral and written
- Applicant should have a strong research record, and finished his/her PhD
- High integrity and the ability to work systematic and efficiently in an interdisciplinary environment and in teams
- Ability to independently plan and implement case work and research
- Ability to handle emotional stress due to case work as well as time periods of high working load
- Personal suitability for the position is heavily emphasized
- An interesting and challenging working environment within research, scientific development, casework for the police, prosecuting authority and courts
- High academic standards
- A favorable pension arrangement within PKH
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see this.
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate.
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
How to apply
The combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
- Researcher Vigdis Vindenes, Department of Forensic Medicine, UIO E-mail: [email protected]
- Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, UiO, Karoline Berg-Eriksen, e-mail: [email protected] (for questions regarding the application for the part-time position)
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills.
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Karoline Berg-Eriksen, phone: 22844680, [email protected]
Webcruiter ID: 4327168150