Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor at Universtity of Oslo, combined With Senior Consultant position in the Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, KIT OUH
About the position
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 23 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It provides local hospital services for parts of the Oslo population. It hosts regional functions for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for a major fraction of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor/Associate professor (20 % position) of Medicine (Gastrointestinal surgery) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, combined with a full-time Senior Consultant position at the Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, at Oslo University Hospital.
How to apply
The combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
A permanent full-time position (100%) as Senior Consultant is available at the Ullevål Unit, in the Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, at Oslo University Hospital (OUH). The position is currently located at Ullevål hospital site, but the applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at other sites within OUH.
The position is affiliated with a part time position (20%) as Adjunct Professor or Associate Professor in Medicine (Gastrointestinal Surgery) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:
The Ullevål Unit manages benign and malignant upper gastrointestinal tract diseases, malignant colorectal surgery, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and related surgery and abdominal fistulas as their key activities. The Ullevål team is involved in the handling of trauma in the broader context of the the Ullevål Trauma Center and also delivers daycare surgery at the Aker hospital site.At the Ullevål site, the department currently has 22 consultant positions, this position is one of two currently combined with professorships. There are 25 residents specializing in general- and gastroenterological surgery. Patient wards at Ullevål are organized in three units; one for colorectal surgery, one for upper gastrointestinal surgery, and one for emergency admissions.
This position is part of the colorectal team at Ullevål and participates in the colorectal on-call roster. The department hosts an active research environment. The Colorectal Surgery Research Group engages in both clinical, molecular/genetic and translational research. The main research priorities are detection and validation of new diagnostic, prognostic and predictive biomarkers in colorectal cancer, and associated activities towards clinical implementation.
We seek an enthusiastic candidate with senior competence in colorectal surgery at high academic standards, who can contribute to the further development of our department in all aspects.
- Contribute to routine clinical activities at the department, and participate in all aspects of treatment and follow-up of relevant patient groups.
- Participate in the on-call system of the department.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment at the department and run projects/clinical trials.
- Contribute to training of residents and quality improvement activities of the department.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS.
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in gastrointestinal surgery.
- The applicant should have extensive experience with the patient groups seen at the department.
- The applicant must have relevant research experience and a strong motivation to contribute to the ongoing and new research activities at the department.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian or a compatible Scandinavian language is required. Applicants must be able to teach and communicate with patients in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
Personal qualifications of the applicant, including documented collaborative skills, will be important.
- The applicant must be able to work efficiently and conscientious.
- The applicant must be capable of empathic communication towards patients and their families.We offer
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties.
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2019-11489_Adjunct_professor_associate_professor_%28Gastrointestinal%20Surgery%29.pdf
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form—-phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF files.
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Contact person for the Senior Consultant position:
- Tom Glomsaker, Head of unit. E-mail: [email protected], or switchboard phone: 915 02 770
Information of the academic position:
- Head of Division Morten Tandberg Eriksen, email: [email protected]
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Åse Halfstad e-mail: [email protected]