Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate professor (20 % position) of Medicine (Gastrointestinal surgery)
Adjunct Professor / Associate professor (20 % position) of Medicine (Gastrointestinal surgery), combined with a full-time Senior Consultant position in the HPB-unit at the Dep. of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
About the position
Adjunct Professor / Associate professor (20 % position) of Medicine (Gastrointestinal surgery) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, combined with a full-time Senior Consultant position at the Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Department of Transplantation Medicine, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital.
The combined position is pubilshed via Oslo University Hospital. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
A permanent full-time position (100%) as Senior Consultant is available at the HPB-surgery (hepatico-pancreatico-biliary surgery) unit, Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital (OUH).The position is affiliated with a part time position (20%) as Adjunct Professor or Associate Professor in Medicine (Surgery) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:
The hepato-pancreatico-biliary (HPB) surgery unit is located at the Rikshospitalet campus and have 8 Senior Consultant positions, this position is one of two currently combined with professorships. The unit is responsible for regional and national services within HPB-surgery. There is an active research environment, responsible for several (multicenter) randomized controlled trials within HPB-surgery. The unit is ambitious and is constantly seeking to extend its research collaboration, both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for a well-qualified surgeon with broad experience in HPB surgery. The candidate is required to manage standard HPB procedures independently and as a teacher/tutor.
- Contribute to routine clinical activities at the unit, related to the operating rooms and patient ward. Participation in evaluation of new patients, preoperative workup and MDT meetings are mandatory
- Participate in the on-call roster of the HPB-unit.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment and run clinical trials.
- Contribute to training of clinical fellows, run courses and participate in quality improvement routines.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS.
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in gastrointestinal surgery.
- The applicant should have extensive experience with the patient groups seen at the department.
- The applicant must have relevant research experience and a strong motivation to contribute to the ongoing and new research activities at the department.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian or a compatible Scandinavian language is required. Applicants must be able to teach and communicate with patients in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish. Personal qualifications
Personal qualifications of the applicant, including documented collaborative skills, will be important.
- The applicant must be able to work efficiently and conscientiously.
- The applicant must be capable of empathic communication towards patients and their families.
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialities.
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form—-phd-candidate-supervision.pdf - Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF files.
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Contact person for the Senior Consultant position:
- Bjørn Atle Bjørnbeth, Head of HPB-unit. E-mail: [email protected], or switchboard phone: 915 02 770.
Information of the academic position:
- Head of Division Morten Tandberg Eriksen, email: [email protected]
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Åse Halfstad e-mail: [email protected]