LEDIG STILLING VED HØGSKOLEN I INNLANDET
Associate professor / Associate Teaching professor / Assistant professor in Dental care
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University) is home to over 14,000 students and 1,000 employees, and has campuses in Lillehammer, Hamar, Elverum, Rena, Evenstad and Blæstad.
INN University aspires to build strong and enduring academic and research environments that will spearhead regionally, nationally and internationally.
We are developing a new and better institution with high academic and pedagogical quality, aiming at achieving university accreditation by 2020.
Our vision is "Stronger Together".
About the position
The Faculty of Social and Health Sciences at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN) invites applications for a 50% position as Associate professor/ Associate Teaching professor/ Assitant professor Dental Hygienist in the field of Dental care at the Public Health Section. The position is available for 3 years period. The position only includes teaching, and have no research time.The position situated at department of Public Health and Sport Sciences, with office place at campus Elverum.
Responsibilities and tasks
A dental hygienist are specialised in dental public health, and non-operative tasks of patient care. Bachelor in dental care leads to Dental Hygienist authorization, which give the opportunity to work in Dental practices and other relevant places.
Central work tasks
- Teaching and guidance in dental care subjects, both theoretically and practical clinical exercises
- Guidance and follow-up students in practice
- Participation in daily activities in the section and institute, including administrative tasks regarding planning and implementation teaching and subject responsibility
- Censorship tasks mainly related to dental care subjects.
- Participate in research and development work
- Other tasks can be assigned to the position if needed.
- Dental hygienist Authorization
- Relevant education at master's level
- Clinical experience as a dental hygienist
- Experience in teaching is desirable
- Pedagogical skills are desirable
- Experience with relevant information and communications technology systems.
- Satisfactory digital competence associated with student-related work and current research and development work.
- Good written and oral skills in both a Scandinavian language and English.
- Ability to work independently, systematic og goal centred
- A good work ethic i.e. flexibility and good communication and collaboration skills
- Personal suitability
For more information on the formal qualification requirements, see Regulations on employment and promotion in teaching and research positions. The assessment of which candidate is best qualified for the position is made after a comprehensive evaluation of education, experience and personal compatibility and other qualification requirements as formulated in the vacancy text, as well as motivation for the position.
- An exciting and challenging position at a developing institution
- Position is paid and placed in position code 1011 Associate professor/ 1198 Associate teaching professor/1008 Assistant professor in the Government Salary Scale
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension, with among other things, good pension and insurance schemes.
For more information about INN University as an employer, please see here.
How to apply
Register your application and CV electronically via "Apply for this job" on the job portal Jobbnorge.
Your application must include:
- Application letter
- Comprehensive overview of education, diplomas, work experience, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, acquisition work, coordination experience and other qualifying activities
- Certified copies of diplomas and certificates
- List of publications
Relevant applications will be considered by an expert committee. Comprehensive CVs, certified copies of diplomas and certificates, publication lists and documents/works to be considered must be submitted as electronic attachments or links to the application.
Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview and a test of practical teaching skills.
If you have any questions regarding uploading of attachments or other technical matters regarding the application, Jobbnorge customer service can be contacted.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
For more inforation about the position, please contact Head of Section: Linda Lundsbakken, [email protected]
HINN believes that there is strength in inclusion and diversity. We desire employees with different competencies, professional combinations, life experiences and perspectives to contribute to an even better way of solving problems. We will facilitate for employees who need assitance to realise their goals. Relevant adaptations can be, for example, technical aids, adapting furniture or adjusting routines, work tasks and working hours.
If there are qualified applicants with disabilities, gaps in the CV or immigrant background, we shall call at least one applicant in each of these categories for an interview. In order to be considered as an applicant in these groups, the applicants must meet certain requirements. You can read more on this here.
We encourage applicants to tick in Jobbnorge if they have a disability, a gap in their CV or immigrant background. The ticks in the jobseeker portal form the basis for anonymised statistics that all state-owned enterprises report in their annual reports