Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Research scientist within ceramic processing and high temperature electrochemical reactors
The research group Thin Film and Membrane Technology works on developing advanced materials and components and improving solutions for sustainable energy technologies. We have a substantial portfolio of national and international research and innovation projects within areas such as high temperature fuel cells, electrolysers, inorganic membranes for H2, O2 and CO2 gas separation, electroceramics for MEMS and sensors, solid state batteries and oxide-based thermoelectrics.
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner. Vision: Technology for a better society
We seek creative candidates at a MSc or PhD level to strengthen our research team and are looking for enthusiastic research scientists that work systematically, have highly developed analytical capabilities, are proactive and solution oriented.
As a Research Scientist, you will be working in interdisciplinary teams on several projects with partners in Norway and/or abroad. Our project portfolio encompasses national research projects, EU projects and direct projects with industry. Depending on your qualifications and level of experience, you will be expected to contribute to project development, work with industry customers and other partners and manage projects.
Ability to work in project teams and meeting tight deadlines are necessary. SINTEF places high demands on scientific and financial results, whilst at the same time providing for and facilitating your personal development.
The candidate should have experience within several of the following areas:
- MSc or PhD in ceramic processing, materials science, chemistry, solid state physics or related disciplines
- Powder synthesis and conditioning
- Ceramic processing and shaping using techniques such as extrusion, tape-casting, wet coating processes, physical deposition methods, additive manufacturing techniques etc.
- Fabrication of multilayered systems, including - but not limited to – fuel cells, membranes, etc.
- Safe operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment,
- Ability to build and maintain scientific and customer networks, and understand the need of the market
- Ability to communicate well in Norwegian and/or English, both orally and written
We can offer
- A multicultural, creative and social working environment with colleagues who want to make a difference.
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative.
- Flexible working hours, salary based on qualifications, day care, good pension and insurance schemes.
The position is located in Oslo, Norway.
For further information, please contact:
- Research Manager Magnus Thomassen, [email protected], +47 98243439
Please submit your application with application letter and CV online.
Application deadline: 08.09.2019
Questions regarding the position:
- Magnus Thomassen (Forskningsleder), +47 98243439, [email protected]