Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Research position in real - time rendering and augmented reality
SINTEF Digital is looking for candidates who can strengthen our research on real-time rendering and enabling technologies for industrial augmented reality. The research is conducted in the Visualization and Accelerated Computing Group. The group was among the inaugural NVIDIA CUDA Research Centres and has more than fifteen years of experience in using GPUs for computation and visualization.
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Digital conducts research and innovation in the areas of information and communication technology and technology-oriented social sciences. Our multidisciplinary knowledge base is used across all industries and helps our customers exploit and meet the opportunities created by today's omnipresent digital transformation.
We work in the intersection of applied mathematics and computer science, developing and implementing cutting-edge algorithms in collaboration with our industrial and academic partners.
Key research areas and applications
- Scientific visualization
- Real-time rendering
- Hardware-adapted algorithms for massively-parallel architectures (GPUs)
- Augmented/virtual reality
Learn more about us at our homepage http://www.sintef.no/VisComp.
We are looking for qualified candidates with a higher university degree, master or Ph.D., with a strong background and/or extensive experience within real-time 3D graphics or computational science. To qualify, you must have a “can-do” attitude to solving problems and master new technologies. Furthermore, you must be a good software developer, be able to perform high-quality research, work independently as well as cooperatively in teams, and take the initiative to explore and implement new approaches. We also expect that you are creative, loyal, hardworking, and have good spirits.
Education and background
- Master or Ph.D. in mathematics, computer science, or physics
- Both experienced researchers and young candidates with master's degree are encouraged to apply
- Solid mathematical foundation
- Experience using Vulkan, OpenGL or CUDA
- Passion for developing efficient software
- Perform high-quality research and software development to support our ongoing academic and industry projects
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals, international conferences, and workshops
- Produce prototype applications and incorporate new methods in the existing code bases
- Meet and collaborate with our partners, both national and internationally
- Participate in defining and acquiring new projects
- Keeping up-to-date with current trends within the department’s fields of interest
- A highly creative, social, and informal work environment
- Competitive salary and social benefits
- Exciting and challenging tasks based on industrially relevant approaches
- Flexible work hours
- Good opportunities for career development
- Internationally oriented, skilful, experienced, and creative research team
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- Opportunities for Ph.D. studies
SINTEF Digital’s premises in Oslo, Norway.
- Application letter
- CV summarizing education, positions and software development experience, as well as any academic track record
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- If applicable, links to source code developed by the candidate
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis
Questions regarding the position:
- Jon Mikkelsen Hjelmervik (Research manager), [email protected], +47 90 09 76 67