Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Research Scientist within nano- and micro formulation and oral delivery of biologics
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Industry is a contract-based institute delivering research-based solutions and services that generate wealth for its clients both in Norway and overseas. On the basis of our multidisciplinary knowledge and advanced laboratories, we develop, in close collaboration with our clients and partners, technology and cross-disciplinary solutions within a wide range of technical and market segments.
SINTEF is the largest independent research organisation in Scandinavia. Over the last 70 years, we have created value and innovation through knowledge generation and development of technological solutions that are brought into practical use. Today, SINTEF is a broadly based, multidisciplinary research institute with international top-level expertise in technology, medicine and the social sciences, striving to implement our vision, 'Technology for a better society'. SINTEF is non-profit, and all margin is re-invested into building state-of-the-art infrastructure and developing new research.
SINTEF Industry is the largest institute at SINTEF, performing contract research and delivering solutions and services that create value for our customers. With our cross-disciplinary knowledge base and advanced laboratories as a base, we develop – in close collaboration with our customers – technology and solutions within a broad range of research areas and industries.
The Department of Biotechnology and Nanomedicine, Research Group Polymer Particles and Surface Chemistry, at SINTEF Industry is growing and is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Research Scientist to join our team, with expertise and genuine interest in developing the field of formulation and oral delivery of biologics within the nano- and microsize area.
The Department of Biotechnology and Nanomedicine consists of the three Research groups Polymer Particles and Surface Chemistry, Mass Spectrometry, and Biotechnology, and hosts national leading infrastructures for analytical chemistry, high throughput screening and bioprocess technology, along with state-of-the-art molecular biology and chemical synthesis labs, including a special lab for sterile work and work with drugs. Within medicine, the department is involved in projects ranging from marine prospecting of new drugs, production development by fermentation, formulation of drugs, physical chemical characterization, and efficacy and safety testing in vitro and in vivo. With currently more than 70 employees, we perform more than 100 projects each year for industry and public funders in the frame of national and European research programmes.
Research in our Department is carried out at our facilities at SINTEF Industry in Trondheim, Norway, closely integrated with other SINTEF groups and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU with which we closely collaborate in numerous research projects at the national and international level.
To better exploit and expand our existing competences, infrastructure, and capacities in the broad spectrum of nanomedicine, life science and analytical chemistry, we want to expand our team with a researcher who will bring additional, complementary competence and skills. Specifically, the position will be part of a strategic initiative in oral delivery of biologics.
The employed scientist is expected to work closely together with fellow researchers in our team but should also be capable of independently developing and implementing her/his own ideas and strategy on how to contribute to SINTEF's ambitious goals of developing 'Technology for a better society' and further ensuring SINTEF as a leading R&D partner for oral delivery in Europe.
The main part of the work will be concerned with formulation of biologics including oligonucleotides for oral delivery. Yet, the candidate will be encouraged and expected to generate and lead additional research activities, ensuring sustainability and growth of our group; this could imply all research fields where the collective competence and unique analytical infrastructure of the Department can be used to enable science that will benefit society.
The eligible candidate should:
- Have a PhD in a suitable topic, which could for instance include one or several of the following: nanomedicine, oral formulations in the nano- and microsized area, targeted drug delivery focusing on biologics, interaction between materials and biologics and the GI tract biology
- Preferably have a broad overview across relevant disciplines and topics like: biologics chemistry, (bio)polymer chemistry, biomaterials, polymer- and lipid based delivery systems, nanomedicine;
- Preferably have documented expertise with delivery of biologics
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English
- Have skills and experience in efficiently publishing research results
- Have skills to acquire new R&D projects and industrial customers
Personally, the candidate should:
- Be highly committed to applied science
- Be able to work in a team and lead scientific and technical staff in a clear, inclusive and inspiring way
- Be quality conscious and strive for excellence
- Be proactive and able to work effectively across multiple initiatives in parallel
- Embrace new challenges and seek to grow their professional competence base
- Be able to develop own smart ideas and think independently, be creative
- Be able to build and maintain personal networks with scientists and industry partners, nationally and internationally. It is beneficial for the applicant to have an established national and/or international network.
- Exciting tasks in an internationally recognized, dynamic and motivating working environment with friendly colleagues
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative
- Participation in innovative national and international projects in close collaboration with industry
- Extensive collaboration with national and international research and industry partners
- Competitive salary according to SINTEF's salary system and a framework for professional and personal development within SINTEF, flexible working hours, child day care facilities, good pension and insurance schemes
For additional information, please contact:
- Research Manager Heidi Johnsen ([email protected]) or
- Senior Research Scientist Yrr Mørch ([email protected])
How to apply:
The application should include the following:
- a cover letter
- a CV
- a description of your research interests
- a list of publications
- names and contact details of references.
All materials should be provided in English. The application materials will not be returned.
SINTEF is an attractive workplace offering unique development opportunities for people with knowledge and enthusiasm. To fulfil our commitment to society we need capable employees from all parts of the world with a high level of professional skills and the ability to make a difference.
Questions regarding the position
- Heidi Johnsen (Research Manager), [email protected], +4798243914 [email protected]
- Yrr Asbjørg Mørch (Senior Research Scientist), [email protected], +4740234744