Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Scientist within computational flow dynamics
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Industri er et oppdragsinstitutt som leverer forskningsbaserte løsninger og tjenester som skaper verdi for kunder nasjonalt og internasjonalt. Med vår flerfaglige kunnskapsbase og avanserte laboratorier som fundament, utvikler vi - i tett samarbeid med våre kunder og samarbeidspartnere - teknologi og tverrfaglige løsninger innen et bredt spekter av markeds- og fagområder.
SINTEF is the largest independent research organisation in Scandinavia. Over the last 70 years, we have created value and innovation through knowledge generation nd development of technological solutions that are brought into practical use. Today, SINTEF is a broadly based, multidisciplinary research institute with international top-level expertise in technology, medicine and the social sciences, striving to implement our vision, 'Technology for a better society'. SINTEF is non- profit, and all margin is re-invested into building state-of-the-art infrastructure and developing new research.
The research group Flow Technology works with reactive single and multi-phase flow and process related problems and challenges of interest to industry and society. Some of the current research topics include CCS, wind energy, metal production, electrolysis, bubble plumes, reactor technology, wave phenomena and more. The group consists of researchers with a background in applied CFD, chemical engineering, numerical methods, programming and experiments.
We like to strengthen our team with a scientist familiar with fluid dynamics and computational engineering. The scientist is envisaged to work on projects of high complexity and where we either apply available CFD codes such as ANSYS Fluent or OpenFoam, or further develop or adapt our own in-house CFD code. The group also sees an increasing demand for coupling flow and process models in order to support digitalization of the process industry. The application and adaptation of machine learning methods is expected to be of significant importance.
Thus we a looking for candidates with
- MSc or PhD in preferably fluid dynamics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, process control, physics, or mathematics
- Experience in fluid dynamics
It also an advantage with experience within one or several of these topics
- Code development (numerical methods and coding, exemplified by Fortran and Python)
- CFD codes like ANSYS Fluent or OpenFoam (or other open source codes)
- Machine learning methods
The candidate should be highly committed to applied science, be able to work in teams and strive for excellence. Good skills in English (written and oral) are required.
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative
- Participation in innovative national and international projects in close collaboration with industry
- Competitive salary according to SINTEF's salary system and a framework for professional and personal development within SINTEF, flexible working hours, child day care facilities, good pension and insurance schemes
Questions regarding the position: