Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Researchers to develop the power system of the future - SINTEF Energy
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Energy Research delivers research-based systems and services that generate value for our clients, both in Norway and worldwide. SINTEF Energy Research is part of the SINTEF Group, which is one of Europe's largest independent research centres. SINTEF is an independent and non-commercial organisation.
SINTEF Energy is seeking Researchers to develop the power system of the future
Do you want to develop the energy solutions of the future in an internationally leading research environment?
The Energy Systems Department at SINTEF Energy Research is looking for research scientists within the area of future power systems. You will be working in a leading research community addressing the challenges of operating the future Nordic power system. This will include analysis and simulation of power system operation, and development of wide-area monitoring, control and protection schemes using the capabilities of PMUs. The work will comprise use of state-of-the-art simulation tools and world-class laboratory facilities. The laboratory has the possibility to emulate the transmission system operation with PMUs and to conduct hardware in the loop testing.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Solid knowledge on power systems dynamics and operation of modern transmission systems
- Background knowledge on the functions of a SCADA/EMS and overview of system level protection and control schemes
- Research experience on wide area control and protection systems and on application of PMUs
- Capability to develop control and protection algorithms and to validate them with numerical software and/or in a laboratory environment
- Working experience with software for power system analysis (e.g. PowerFactory, PSS/e)
In addition, these qualifications are preferable
- Knowledge about the Nordic power system
- Knowledge on FACTS
- Experience in developing online applications or validation with real time simulation platform
We are primarily seeking candidates with a doctorate, but candidates with a master's degree in electrical power or other relevant subjects are also encouraged to apply. Knowledge of the Norwegian Network industry and Norwegian communication skills is desirable.
Researchers at SINTEF have the opportunity to develop their skills in many areas. Teamwork is important since the projects usually require the efforts of several specialists. In addition to professional development and publishing, the research work includes project management, project development and dissemination, as well as networking in industry and academia in Norway and internationally.
- Opportunity for professional development in the research forefront
- A dynamic and innovative working environment
- Varying tasks and flexible work hours
- Competitive salary (subject to qualifications)
- Social benefits (pension plan, insurance, possibility for kindergarten, etc.)
Applications will be reviewed continuously, and we encourage to apply early.
Questions regarding the position:
- John Olav Tande (Research Manager), 913 68 188, [email protected]