Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Researcher - Navigation Systems
SINTEF DIGITAL consists of eight research departments including Connectivity Technologies and Platforms. This department comprises two research groups. Acoustics and Communication Systems. Our business concept is to support our customers with contract research that also contributes to the scientific state of the art.
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society
Communication Systems consists of 16 researchers working within navigation, signal processing, propagation, communication networks, and safe communication. This involves applications areas as autonomous vehicle control systems, C-ITS, power grid development, sensor networks for various industrial purposes, antenna technology, non-destructive testing, satellite communication modem technologies, andnavigation system design for safety-critical operations.
The research group is now looking for a navigation systems researcher to join our team working on resilient high integrity navigation system technologies in Trondheim.
Way of working
As a research scientist, you will be working in interdisciplinary teams on several projects with partners in Norway and/or abroad. We appreciate ability to contribute to project development and proposals, relate to industry customers and other partners, as well as managing projects.
Qualifications and Skills
You must have a graduate degree (PhD degree preferred) in geomatics, electrical, communications, or cybernetics engineering with specialization in navigation system development.
These skills are essential for us:
- A strong background in GNSS, sensor fusion for navigation, signal processing and software design.
- Solid theoretical knowledge and working experience with the aspects of GNSS signals and systems affecting integrity and continuity.
- Working understanding of one or more GNSS augmentation systems such as GBAS and or SBAS.
- Interest in the development and applications of navigation and wireless location technologies are highly desirable.
- Experience with field measurement and testing campaigns of GNSS and related equipment is considered as an asset.
- Understanding of the concept of signal of opportunity exploitation for use of communications signals in navigation applications.
- Ability to build and maintain scientific and customer networks, and understand the needs of the market is important.
- Ability to communicate well in Norwegian and English, both orally and written is mandatory.
- Ability to work in project teams and meeting tight deadlines.
- A position in one of Europe's leading research institutions, with considerable impact on society.
- Exciting and cross disciplinary projects at home and abroad supported by SINTEFs collective competence network.
- A multicultural, creative and social working environment with colleagues who want to make a difference.
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative.
- Flexible working hours, salary based on qualifications, day care, and vert good pension and insurance plans.
Questions regarding the position:
- Bengt Holter (Research Manager), +47 932 10 246
- [email protected]