LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Scientist / senior scientist – Climate economics and policy, environmental footprints and sustainability
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Ocean conducts research and innovation related to ocean space for national and international industries. Our ambition is to continue Norways leading position in marine technology and biomarine research. We develop innovative solutions for sustainable use of the ocean in close partnership with industry and government. The company has 340 employees and with headquarters in Trondheim, and offices in Tromsø, Hirtshals, Oslo, Ålesund and Bergen.
Are you interested in developing solutions on climate and sustainability challenges related to ocean industries and the ocean?
The research group Climate and Sustainability is a newly formed group at the department Climate and Environment in SINTEF Ocean. We perform analyses and develop models and tools, to provide knowledge about and give decision support on economics, environmental and climate effects, and policies for the ocean economy and ecosystem.
We use a variety of methods like macro-economics, value chain modelling, LCA, MFA, political science, combined with technology and industrial expertise. We focus on interdisciplinary research and use a system perspective in our work.
Main work tasks:
- Scientific work and project management, in close collaboration with our customers and partners in Norway and abroad
- Perform analyses and develop tools and models for decision support for societal and industrial challenges in the ocean economy by combining technological, economic, environmental and policy aspects.
- Establish new projects and networks for SINTEF
- Project development (from initiating ideas and proposals to project management)
- Communicate and research work and results
The ideal candidates will be able to expand the group's activities on the climate challenges and development of sustainable solutions associated with the ocean economy.
We are looking for candidates:
- Having a minimum of master's degree
- Having expertise within some of the following topics; ecological and/or environmental economics, industrial ecology, statistics /econometrics, economics of and modelling of climate change and climate policies, sustainability assessment, natural resource management and modelling
- Having experience in the development and use of environmentally extended MRIO models and/or Life Cycle Assessment, Material Flow Accounting, Integrated Assessment Modelling, as well as programming skills
- Are able to work on more initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Have engagement, willingness, and desire to develop a strong research community together with colleagues
- That are curious, enterprising and creative
- Having good written and oral communication skills
- That are team players and have the power to implement
- Master English both in writing and orally, and preferably knowledge in Norwegian
- Unique opportunities for professional and personal growth
- A varied and flexible working day
- Challenging research tasks in a team of internationally renowned experts
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- A work environment with skillful, experienced, and creative colleagues, 60 % have a PhD
- A good social climate, a large degree of autonomy
- Competitive salary (subject to qualifications)
- Particularly good pension and insurance schemes, welfare schemes
Workplace will be Trondheim and/or Tromsø.
Questions regarding the position:
- Ingeborg Kaus (Forskningsleder), +4798243940, [email protected]