Ledig stilling ved SimulaMet
Research scientist position at the Center for Resilient Networks and Application
Simula Metropolitan is a new research unit that is jointly owned by Simula Research Laboratory and Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet), formerly Oslo and Akershus University College (HiOA). It is the home of Simula’s research activities on networks and communications, machine learning and IT management, and it is OsloMet’s strategic partner in research, PhD and MSc. education in digital engineering. Simula Metropolitan is organized as a limited company and is part of the Simula lab.
The Center for Resilient Networks and Applications
The Center for Resilient Networks and Applications (CRNA) was established in 2014 as a response to modern society’s massive and increasing dependability on applications running on top of the Internet. CRNA focuses on the robustness and security of ICT infrastructures, by which we mean that applications should continue to function at the best possible level of quality and security, even in the presence of technical failures, unplanned excessive load, design and implementation flaws in specific components, human error and malicious intent. CRNA is currently hosting several European and national projects and is staffed with 22 senior and junior researchers together with engineers and administrators.
A research scientist position at the Center for Resilient Networks and Application
A research scientist position at the Center for Resilient Networks and Application - Simula Metropolitan CDE, Oslo, Norway
The Center for Resilient Networks and Application (CRNA) at SimulaMet seeks to recruit an ambitious scientist for a permanent researcher position.
The CRNA at SimulaMet offers a high profile research scientist position in the field of computer networks, network security and networked systems. As a research scientist you will be offered the opportunity to design a flexible research programme in the research areas that CRNA is active within. The position comes with a generous start-up package and support for establishing a research group.
You are a motivated researcher, holding a PhD in computer science or a relevant discipline, with the necessary qualifications and experience to contribute to building a vibrant research group. You have worked as a postdoctoral researcher in either academia or industry and preferably have at least a couple years of experience after the postdoctoral period. You are highly motivated and have potential for scientific excellence. This potential is demonstrated by a strong publication record in respected venues, the ability to attract research funding and a reasonable experience with working and guiding master and PhD students. You are capable of original and critical thinking which can, for example, be demonstrated by having publications that do not include PhD advisors. You have a proven record of building and maintaining collaborations. You have been working and publishing in at least two of the following fields: computer networks, network security and networked systems. You have excellent communication and leadership skills and can inspire young researchers.
Conditions of employment
We are offering a permanent position along with a competitive salary and a generous start-up package that involves at least one PhD position. The place of work is Oslo, Norway. The position can be either a research scientist or a senior research scientist depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Besides conducting research and supervising junior researchers, the candidate is expected to apply for funding and contribute to teaching activities.
- Cover letter
- Resume including a detailed list of publications and achievements
- Letter describing your work experience after you have completed your doctorate
- Vision document describing your research proposal and your vision on education, leadership and societal impact (max 2500 words or 5 single-spaced pages with 12 point Times New Roman font).
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers and engineers.
- An informal and inclusive international working environment.
- Generous support for travel and opportunities to build international networks, through established collaboration with industry, exchange programs and research visits with other universities, and funding to attend
- High-standard facilities and offices located in Oslo.
- Numerous benefits: access to company cabin, BabyBonus arrangements, sponsored social events, generous equipment budgets (e.g., computer, phone and subscription), subsidized canteen meals and monthly bus pass, comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, etc.
- Relocation assistance: accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc.
- Administrative research support: e.g., quality assurance process for grant proposals (including RCN and EU programs).
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage them to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
We will evaluate applications on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications promptly.
For more detailed information about SimulaMet please consult https://www.simulamet.no/
And for further information about the position please contact:
- Dr. Ahmed Elmokashfi ([email protected], Tel: +47 474 52 315)
Simula Metropolitan CDE uses Semac´s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.