LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Research scientist - optimization
SINTEF er et av Europas største forskningsinstitutt, med flerfaglig spisskompetanse innenfor teknologi, naturvitenskap og samfunnsvitenskap. SINTEF er en uavhengig stiftelse som siden 1950 har skapt innovasjon gjennom utviklings- og forskningsoppdrag for næringsliv og offentlig sektor i inn- og utland. SINTEF har 2100 medarbeidere fra 80 nasjoner og en årlig omsetning på over tre milliarder kroner.
Vår visjon: Teknologi for et bedre samfunn
Les mer om SINTEF her.
SINTEF Digital driver forskning og innovasjon innenfor digitale teknologier, teknologiorienterte samfunnsfag og helse. Vår flerfaglige kunnskapsbase benyttes på tvers av alle bransjer, og hjelper våre kunder med å utnytte og møte mulighetene som skapes av digitalisering og digital transformasjon.
The Optimization group at SINTEF Digital is looking for professional and dedicated research scientists. The group currently consists of 16 researchers and software engineers. It is one of eight groups within the Department of Mathematics and Cybernetics. We develop optimization methods, software, and services. Our expertise is at an international level and we have a good publication record. The group conducts basic and applied research on discrete optimization, mainly within planning, scheduling, routing, sequencing, design, and timetabling. Our application areas include transport, maintenance, healthcare, sports, energy, construction and architecture. As requirements vary regarding solution accuracy and response time, the group covers the full range of methods for solving discrete optimization problems: exact methods, decomposition, as well as approximation methods based on metaheuristics or matheuristics.
We develop our own software libraries that have been refined and extended over many years and contain a variety of solution methods, but we also utilize commercial solvers. Our results are exploited, either through existing solution vendors, spin-off companies, or directly by the end users. Our revenues come from users in industry and the public sector, often supported by Norwegian or EU funding agencies. The group is internationally renowned both in industry and academia. We publish actively, also in top level scientific journals.
We are looking for research scientists that will strengthen our group, initially in particular through work in the aviation sector. The candidates should be highly motivated for applied research, not only by scientific advances and publication, but also by the opportunity to see the results being put into practice and making a difference. Most of our projects are in direct collaboration with key stakeholders in industry and the public sector, but we also have basic research projects with less user involvement.
Who are you?
- You hold a master or PhD in applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, or a related field.
- You enjoy complicated challenges and have demonstrated ability in complex problem solving
- You love learning and sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, and are a good team player
- You are curious and innovative with a proactive attitude
- You may have experience from industry
- You have the ability to plan, coordinate resources and meet deadlines
- You enjoy programming and the challenge of tackling real-world problems
- Experience in discrete optimization, project management and/or programming is a plus
- Unique opportunities for professional and personal growth
- A varied and flexible working day
- Challenging research tasks in a team of internationally renowned experts
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- A work environment with skillful, experienced, and creative colleagues
- A good social climate, a large degree of autonomy
- Competitive salary (subject to qualifications)
- Particularly good pension and insurance schemes, welfare schemes
Spørsmål om stillingen