Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Resarch Scientist / Senior Scientist within Computational Materials Science and Engineering
Applicants are invited for a Research Scientist or Senior Scientist position at SINTEF Industry within the Materials processing and modelling Research group. The primary objective of this position will be to extend on-going and establish new activities within industrial production and materials processing with emphasis on mathematical modelling linking the process to product properties.
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society
We seek candidates at the PhD level in Mechanical Engineering, Materials science, Applied Physics or related fields with a background in mathematical modelling in relation to metallurgical processes. We are looking for enthusiastic research scientists that work systematically, have highly developed analytical capabilities and are solution oriented. Ability to work in project teams and meeting tight deadlines are necessary.
The candidate must have experience in mathematical modeling (transport phenomena, CFD, multiphase flow, thermo-mechanics, and numerical methods/programming) and/or computational metallurgy and material design (multi-scale approaches from atomistic, mesoscopic to continuum scales, microstructure formation) linking process-microstructure-property-performance. The candidate should preferably have understanding for experimental work and characterisation methods and experience from one or more of the following fields:
- Metallurgical and manufacturing processes (casting, forming, additive manufacturing)
- Physical metallurgy (thermodynamics, alloy design, microstructure formation, defects)
- Digitalization (Artificial intelligence, machine learning, digital twins, data science)
The desired skills are:
- PhD or equivalent research competence
- Documented academic and project development skills (preparation of project applications and project management)
- Professional networks within the Norwegian process and/or manufacturing industry
- Ability to work on several initiatives at the same time
- To translate the industry's needs into solutions through projects
- Have good language skills in Norwegian and English, both written and oral
- Exciting and independent work tasks in an international professional environment that is in growth and development
- Great opportunities for professional and personal development in an organization where responsibility and initiative are set high
- Flexible working hours, good pension, insurance and well fare schemes and competitive salary
The position is in Oslo, Norway. Our research team is working on the following areas: solidification and casting, thermo-mechanical forming, additive manufacturing, metallurgical processes, physical metallurgy and microstructure formation. Application materials include aluminium, steel, cast iron and silicon for PV.
For more information about the group:
Questions regarding the position:
- Mohammed Mhamdi (Research Manager), +4798283949, [email protected]
- Nina Dahl (Research Director), +47 41547918, [email protected]