NORDGEN HAR EN LEDIG SPENNENDE STILLING!
Plant Senior Scientist
NordGen is the common genebank and knowledge center for genetic resources for the Nordic countries. NordGen is an organization under the Nordic Council of Minister and works with conserving and facilitating the sustainable use of genetic resources linked to Nordic agriculture and food production. A central part of our activities is to share knowledge and plant genetic material to facilitate sustainable food and feed production and other sustainable bio-based solutions that help the Nordic region to adapt to future challenges.
Are you NordGen’s new Plant Senior Scientist?
Do you want to work with conservation and utilization of agricultural biological diversity? Are you an experienced researcher within plant science, plant genetics or plant breeding with a passion for seeds and plants? If you in addition like networking and would appreciate an international and developing working environment, NordGen might be the right place for you - and right now, we are looking for an experienced plant Senior Scientist to join our enthusiastic team of plant senior scientists.
Your role will be to have the main responsibility for the unique collection of vegetable genetic resources and to conserve, document, and utilize the vegetable genetic resources in the genebank. The work includes scientific and practical tasks related to acquisition and collection of seeds, regeneration and multiplication, characterization and evaluation, registration of plant passport data, publication of results, and information sharing. Further, you will have tasks related to genebank documentation and participate in activities to develop the genebank data infrastructure.
NordGen is operating in a flexible matrix organisation where you will work in close cooperation with managers and co-workers at NordGen. You will be part of a well-functioning group and report to the leader of the Plant Senior Scientist team.
- Responsible for the genebank collection of vegetables
- Responsible for research in relation to the vegetable collection
- Responsible for the genebank working group for vegetables and potatoes
- Participant in selected European gene bank networks
- Data documentation in the GENBIS database
- Contact person to farmer networks and seed saver organizations
- Project management
- Actively seek collaboration with stakeholders and apply for external funding of activities and projects
- Participate in outreach activities
- Higher academic education (preferably PhD) within plant genetics, plant breeding or related fields
- Relevant working experience in research, breeding, or conservation
- Experience with initiation and management of research projects
- Experience with international research cooperation
- Experience in using databases in the everyday work
- Knowledge of one of the Scandinavian languages (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish) and English is required.
- Experience with Nordic collaboration
- Experience with cultivation in greenhouse and field
- Experience in large-scale data analysis
- You are curious and conscientious
- You are detail oriented, well-structured and good at planning
- You are a team player and have excellent collaborations skills
- You have good communication skills
NordGen offers an exciting position in a professional and international work environment. The employment contract will be signed for 4 years with the possibility of extension for another 4 years. The position is located at the Campus of the Swedish Agricultural University in Alnarp, Sweden.
For further information, contact:
- Senior scientist team leader Michael Lyngkjær, phone: +46 735 138 371, mail: [email protected] or
- Managing director Lise Lykke Steffensen phone: +46 738 171 215, mail: [email protected]
The last application date is September 15, 2022.