NordGen har en ledig spennende stilling!
Expert Within Crop Wild Relatives
Are You Our New Expert Within Crop Wild Relatives?
NordGen is the common genebank and knowledge center for genetic resources for all Nordic countries. NordGen is an organization under the Nordic Council of Minister and works with conserving and facilitating the sustainable use of genetic resources linked to Nordic agriculture and food production. A central part of our activities is to share knowledge and plant genetic material to facilitate sustainable food and feed production and other sustainable bio-based solutions that help the Nordic region to adapt to future challenges.
Would you like to be part of an organization working to promote the sustainable use of plant genetic resources? Do you have a research background within plant biology, botany, taxonomy, plant genetics or plant conservation in nature? Do you want to join an enthusiastic team of plant scientists to work with conservation and utilization of plant genetic resources in the Nordic countries? If you in addition like networking and would appreciate an international and developing working environment, NordGen might be the right place for you - and right now, we are looking for an experienced plant Senior Scientist to join the genebank team of plant experts.
Your main responsibility will be implementation of our new strategi on enhanced conservation of crop wild relatives (CWR), which include leading our Nordic CWR network initiative that focus on enhanced Nordic cooperation on conservation planning for both in situ and ex situ conservation. The work includes scientific and practical tasks related to acquisition and collection of CWR, regeneration and multiplication, characterization and evaluation, registration of plant passport data, publication of results and information sharing with the aim to increase access to Nordic CWR genetic resources.
As a plant expert you will also work together with the rest of the team to strengthen NordGen as the Nordic Knowledge Center for genetic resources. In this context, you will have tasks related to genebank documentation and participate in activities to develop the genebank infrastructure. You will report to the leader of the Plant Senior Scientist team.
- Responsible for the Nordic genebank collection of CWR
- Leading the Nordic CWR network
- Responsible for the genebank working group for CWR
- Participate in relevant European gene bank networks and projects
- Contact person to relevant stakeholders e.g., Nordic national programs, plant breeders, private organizations, etc.
- Project management
- Actively seek collaboration with stakeholders and apply for external funding of activities and projects
- Participate in outreach activities
- Higher academic education (preferably PhD) within plant biology, botany, genetic, plant conservation or related fields
- Relevant working experience in research, nature conservation or similar
- Successful experience of planning, conducting and management of research projects
- Experience with international research cooperation
- Knowledge of one of the Scandinavian languages (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish) and English is required.
- Experience in using databases in the everyday work
- Experience of Nordic collaboration
- Experience with nature conservation of plants
- You are creative and open minded
- You like to coordinate and work in networks
- You are a team player
- You are good at planning
- You have good communication skills
NordGen offers an exciting service in a professional and international work environment. The employment contract will be signed for 4 years with the possibility of extension for another 4 years. The service is located in Alnarp, Sweden.
- For further information, contact:
- Senior scientist team leader Michael Lyngkjær, phone: +46 735 138 371, mail: [email protected] or
- Managing director Lise Lykke Steffensen phone: +46 738 171 215, mail: [email protected]
The last application date is September 15, 2022.