LEDIG STILLING VED NIVA
Senior researcher in aquatic ecology
Norwegian Institute for Water Research
The Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) is Norway's leading research institute for the aquatic environment, working across a wide range of environmental, climate and resource issues. Our high-quality research is characterised by its relevance, and its holistic and interdisciplinary approach, combining research with monitoring, assessment, problem solving and consulting. The NIVA group has approximately 400 employees and is headquartered in Oslo, with branches in Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar and Copenhagen, together with a marine research station in Drøbak, and subsidiaries in Tromsø, Chile and China.
NIVA’s section for nature-based solutions and aquatic ecology is looking to expand its team of researchers. We wish to recruit a senior researcher, with experience in applied aquatic ecology (focusing on freshwaters) including e.g. restoration and nature-based solutions. You should have experience and willingness to work transdisciplinary, both nationally and internationally. You will join a section of currently 11 researchers, PhD students and research assistants, and will also cooperate with researchers across NIVA. You will be part of a highly skilled and interdisciplinary working environment.
The position will report to the Research Manager of NIVA’s nature-based solutions and aquatic ecology section. The workplace will be at NIVA's head office in Oslo.
- Actively participating in expanding NIVA’s portfolio of Nature-based solutions projects both nationally and regionally in dialogue with potential clients and other research colleagues, both internally and externally
- Strengthen and further develop NIVA’s network within applied freshwater ecology, nationally and internationally, by participation in conferences, research projects etc.
- Publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals and popular science publications and presentations
- Contribute to other NIVA projects both nationally and internationally
- Work in an interdisciplinary manner with NIVA’s other researchers
Formal qualifications / experience
- PhD and several years of experience in relevant disciplines
- Solid academic publication record
- Proven experience and skills as leader of larger projects
- Documented ability of funding acquisition from scientific-research funding bodies, as well as from industry and from environmental management authorities
- Broad national and international network
- Strong ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Some understanding of Norwegian will be an advantage
We are looking for candidates that are innovative and show good initiative in terms of acquisition and involvement in new project ideas. The right candidate will be motivated by working in an interdisciplinary scientific research environment, covering a broad spectrum of topics. Co-operation, flexibility and teamwork are valued skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a leading national water science research institute with great social significance
- To be part of a network of national and international researchers
- An opportunity for professional and personal development
- A multicultural, social and creative work environment
- Good pension, welfare and insurance schemes, and competitive wages
Webcruiter ID: 4460086634
- Leonard Sandin (Research manager), +47 982 94 075, [email protected]