Ledig stilling ved OsloMet
Research Engineer in Electronics – Marine robotics
Do you want to contribute to the development robotic ocean observing systems?
The department of Mechanical, Electronics, and Chemical Engineering at OsloMet is looking for a Research Engineer in electronics and marine robotics to join the OASYS research Project. This is a temporary fulltime position for 1 year and 5 months. There is a possibility for prolonging the contract up till two years.
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is one of Norway’s largest universities, with more than 20,000 students and 2,000 employees. OsloMet delivers knowledge to solve societal challenges, in close cooperation with the society and employers. OsloMet is an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and an attractive place to work and study with campuses in Oslo city center and at Kjeller in the Municipality of Lillestrøm. Our location in the metropolitan area gives us good opportunities to understand and benefit from the city’s diverse population.
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design. The Faculty has approximately 3.000 students and 280 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in downtown Oslo and at Kjeller Campus in Akershus.
OASYS is a multidisciplinary research project in collaboration with NTNU, Norwegian Polar Institute, and TriOS GmbH, which aims at the development of a swarm of Micro Underwater Gliders (MUGs) that can operate autonomously with the support of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and Unmanned Surface Vessels (USVs).
Main duties of the position
- development of electronics for a miniature underwater robot prototype
- development of drivers and embedded software to control the robot and interface with sensor payloads and actuators
We are looking for applicants who have
- master or bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Cybernetics or related fields. Relevant work experience may compensate for the lack of formal education.
- experience with digital and analog circuit design, PCB design, and microcontrollers
- software design, development, and testing for embedded systems
- good English communication skills
It’s an advantage if you have experience in some of the following areas
- embedded real-time systems
- UART, I2C, SPI
- strong programming skills in C/C++
- real-time operating systems
- ARM Cortex or similar micro-controllers
- power supplies, DC-DC converters
- Li-Ion batteries and Battery Management Systems
- brushless motors, ESC
- Python, MATLAB, Robot-Operating System (ROS)
- wireless protocols and Applications
We are looking for applicants who
- enjoy new challenges and are excited about the chance to make a difference
- enjoy communicating and cooperating with students and colleagues
- have personal qualities that contribute positively to the working environment
It is important to OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavors to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. You are also welcome to apply for a position with us if you have experienced periods where you have not been in work, education or training.
We can offer you
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- to be a part of a dynamic professional environment and unique academic network
- beneficial pension arrangements with the Norwegian State Pension Fund
- flexible working hours
- beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
- motivation letter
- copies of diplomas/certificate with transcripts of records
- names and contact details of at least 2 references
You must upload all of the documents. Original documents and valid passport must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document inspections in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact HR-advisor Mette Bjørtomt at [email protected]
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you would like more information about the positon, feel free to contact:
- Alex Alcocer, Professor, [email protected], +47 906 48 012
- Alfredo Carella, Associate Professor, [email protected] , +47 457 70 032
The salary for the position is in accordance with the pay scale for Norwegian state employees, job title and position code. 1019/ 1020 Research assistant ltr. 40-50 NOK 386 000 – 449 300. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants. Law deducts 2% of the salary to the State Pension Fund.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) your name may be published on the public applicant list even if you have requested non-disclosure. You will in this case be contacted before your name is published.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
OsloMet has implemented the Charter & Code and is certified to use the HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) logo by the European Commission.
OsloMet is a member of the EU Researchers in Motion network Euraxess.
Reference number: 19/07091
Last application date: 06.Aug.2019