Ledig stilling ved Simula
One Research Engineer Position in Cyber-Physical Systems of Systems for a European Project
Simula Research Laboratory AS
Simula Research Laboratory AS is a publicly owned research institute located at Fornebu outside of Oslo, Norway. Simula has a multi-cultural organization, employing about 150 individuals from 29 countries. Simula conducts Information and Communication Technology (ICT) research in the fields of communication technology, scientific computing and software engineering. Simula's main objective is to generate new understanding and create vital knowledge about fundamental scientific challenges that are of genuine value for society. This is achieved through high quality research, education of graduate students, industry collaboration, technology transfer, and commercialization. Since 2001, scientific evaluations conducted by the Research Council of Norway has repeatedly placed Simula at the forefront of international research in ICT. The most recent in-depth evaluation was recently published, grading all research groups at Simula as excellent.
Call for One Research Engineer Position in Cyber-Physical Systems of Systems for a European Project
Simula Research Laboratory (Simula) is seeking one two-year fulltime Research Engineer Position in the field of Cyber-Physical Systems of Systems. The appointments start as soon as possible, and preferably by Januar 1, 2021. However, the review of candidates will be performed continuously until the positions have been filled.
The position is funded by the ADEPTNESS project, which was recently funded by the European Union’s H2020 program under the ICT-01-2019 call.
The project focuses on the developing novel Design-Continuum methods for development and testing of Cyber-Physical Systems of Systems under unforeseen situations. The project is coordinated by Mondragon University Spain and has nine excellent research and industrial partners from Europe. The project includes two exciting use cases from the railway and elevator domains.
We consider interested candidates who have a BS/MS degree in software engineering with top grades and extremely good programming skills. The candidate will also have to demonstrate an excellent level of spoken and written English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills and show willingness to work as part of an international team.
- Excellent opportunities for performing high quality research, as part of a highly competent and motivated team of international researchers and engineers;
- An informal and inclusive international working environment;
- Generous support for travel and opportunities to build international networks, through established collaboration with industry, exchange programs and research visits with other universities, and funding to attend conferences.
- Modern office facilities located at Fornebu by the Oslo fjord and 10 minutes’ drive from the center of Oslo.
- A competitive salary.
- Numerous benefits: access to company cabin, BabyBonus arrangements, sponsored social events, generous equipment budgets (e.g., computer, phone and subscription), subsidized canteen meals and monthly bus pass, comprehensive travel/health insurance policy, etc.
- Relocation assistance: accommodation, visas, complimentary Norwegian language courses, etc
- Administrative research support: e.g., quality assurance process for grant proposals (including RCN and EU programs).
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage them to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
Simula is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining the candidate’s background, qualifications, and how/why the candidate is qualified for the position;
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and academic or industrial work, and software development experience);
- Academic transcripts including a copy of Bachelors and/or Master thesis.
- Contact information of two references, including the supervisor(s) if any.
Application deadline November 15, 2020.
Further enquiries should be addressed to:
Applications must be submitted via the online submission system.
Simula Research Laboratory uses Semac´s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.