NUPI har en ledig spennende stilling!
Forsker I / seniorforsker - klimaendringenes politiske aspekter (Research Professor / Senior Researcher)
NUPI er på jakt etter en ny kollega som kan styrke vår forskning på temaer knyttet til klimaendringer og strukturelle endringer i internasjonal politikk.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong track record on research relating to the international political aspects of climate change. This includes, but are not limited to; geopolitical competition, evolution of international cooperation and the SDGs, and changes in states' foreign – and development policy. The successful candidate also has the ability to develop new research areas through external funding, and experience in communicating with broader audiences.
Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
The Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) is a leading research and information community for international political and economic affairs and for affairs of particular interest to Norwegian foreign policy. NUPI also has a responsibility to inform the general public of international affairs.
The institute is a public administrative body subordinate to the Ministry of Education and Research, and numbers some 60 employees. Our offices are located in Oslo city centre.
The position is a strategic initiative to strengthen NUPI's research profile on issues relating to climate change and structural changes in the international system. It forms part of two on-going research projects at NUPI, both funded by the Research Council of Norway, on changes in states' power political repertoires (Evaluating Power Political Repertoires - EPOS), and on how climate change and geopolitics affects Norwegian foreign- and development policy (Strategic Institute Initiative - SIS).
Qualifications for the positions
- PhD degree in political science or other social scientific discipline
- Strong publication record
- Research competence on political aspects of climate change
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Track record on developing research portfolio through project acquisition
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in English is a requirement. Proficiency in a Scandinavian language is an advantage
Personal suitability will be given consideration
The application should include
- Cover letter (max 1 page). The application letter should specify and justify key research competencies.
- A proposed set of research ideas/projects that you would like to pursue in the next 2-4 years, linking these to your expertise/interests and to other research areas at NUPI, with specification of possible funding sources (max 3 pages).
- CV with publication list (max 5 pages)
- Confirmation of PhD
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit 3-5 publications. Emphasis will be placed on assessing publications from the past 5 years. The most promising candidates will then be invited to an interview and must state up to three reference persons (at least one academic, and at least one from a previous employer).
The application deadline is 31 December 2019. Expected start date is April 2020.
We only accept applications via JobbNorge.
- The chance to be part of a vibrant research institute on international affairs
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus system for academic publications
- Financial support for fieldwork, conference travel and publication support
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A salary based on qualifications, reflecting NUPI's pay scale (salary scale 1109 for senior researcher, and 1183 for research professor)
- The position is permanent
We aim, to the greatest degree possible, to have a staff that reflects societal diversity, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of gender, cultural background, age, disability or previous periods of leave from the workforce. NUPI will accommodate specific needs relating to disability for new hires and as needed during the interview process. NUPI aims to have an equal gender distribution among our employees and encourage women to apply.