PHARMAQ part of Zoetis har en ledig spennende stilling!
Senior Manager - therapeutics department
PHARMAQ is the world's leading vaccine and innovation company focused on the aquaculture industry and part of Zoetis, the world's leading animal health company. The company develops safe and effective medicines for the aquaculture industry with a good environmental profile through targeted research and dedicated staff. Production, administration, research and development is located in Norway and the group's products are marketed in Europe, North and South America and in Asia. PHARMAQ has around 375 employees. For more information, see the company's website: www.pharmaq.com
By submitting an application and CV, you agree that the information you provide will be stored in our database to be able to assess you in our recruitment processes. The information will not be stored longer than necessary and maximum for 6 months. Should you have any questions about the safety of our recruitment processes, please contact us at e-mail [email protected] The applicant is entitled to withdraw the application at any time.
Become part of the global leader in vaccines and therapeutics development and innovation for aquaculture
Why join PHARMAQ part of Zoetis?
PHARMAQ is the global leader in vaccine and therapeutics development and innovation for the aquaculture industry and part of Zoetis, the world's leading animal health company. The company develops safe and effective medicines through targeted research and a highly skilled and dedicated staff. PHARMAQ has around 375 employees, with R&D and manufacturing facilities based in Norway and commercial operations located in Norway, Europe, North and South America and in Asia.
Our innovative drive is focused on the need to produce sustainable, safe and healthy seafood. As fish continues to be the most consumed and future crucial source of animal protein worldwide, we believe that fish health management tools, such as fish vaccines and therapeutics, are key to developing a sustainable growth in global aquaculture.
In PHARMAQ part of Zoetis, we foster a highly collaborative culture and work across the business units to obtain results that matter. It is our colleagues that make the difference, and we strive to value the professional and personal development of every colleague.
Who are we looking for?
When hiring new employees, we look for the individuals who are inspired by PHARMAQ part of Zoetis dynamic and innovative spirit to create the next generation of solutions and services to support the evolving aquaculture industry. Our core beliefs are; Our Colleagues Make The Difference, Always Do The Right Thing, Customer Obsessed, Run It Like You Own It and We Are One Zoetis.
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Manager to head our therapeutics department, dedicated to developing new pharmaceuticals and products for the aquaculture industry. The department works closely with other experts in R&D, regulatory affairs, quality assurance, laboratory sciences, commercial development and technical sales. The manager will be part of the PHARMAQ R&D leadership team.
If you are curious about what we do and are looking for new and exciting challenges in a dynamic and innovative industry – then PHARMAQ is a great choice!
Senior Manager Therapeutics
The Therapeutics team within PHARMAQ R&D consists of experts within parasitology, biotechnology, fish health, environmental toxicology and CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls). We are now seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Manager to take on a key role in the development of the department and PHARMAQ R&D and of the sea lice therapeutics for the future.
The candidate should have excellent leadership qualities and be able to communicate a vision and a roadmap and inspire colleagues. We are searching for someone who can see the big picture across the whole organisation, and preferably have experience from working in a global organization. The right candidate has a good understanding of business and enjoys being part of and leader of change processes.
You will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and experts with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, both within the PHARMAQ R&D organization, the broader Zoetis organization and external partners, nationally and internationally. Your significant experience as a team player and your successful history of building relationships will make you a critical member of the R&D leadership team.
- Lead and develop the therapeutics team within PHARMAQ part of Zoetis
- Proactively monitor and develop the portfolio of pharmaceutical products for use in the aquaculture industry, mainly within the field of salmon lice
- Contribute to the development of the aquaculture project portfolio through participation in the PHARMAQ R&D leadership team
- Engage with stakeholders in the organization to secure a continued integration of the team and projects into the Zoetis R&D model, while keeping focus on the special needs of the aquaculture industry
- Monitor external R&D within the field and work with relevant national and international research groups
- Evaluate and, if appropriate, establish partnership with external teams for new products and technology
- Secure efficient technology transfer from R&D to internal or external production sites
- Participate in the day-to-day operations in the department
Qualifications and profile:
- PhD, Master’s degree or equivalent in life sciences, e.g. pharmacy, chemistry, biotechnology, fish health biology, veterinary medicine or marine biology
- Team leader experience, preferably from the pharmaceutical or animal health industry. A successful history of building strong teams and relationships
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across different scientific disciplines, functions and levels
- Experience from pharmaceutical product development and project management
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, both written and spoken
The position is located in Oslo (Skøyen) at our modern and well-equipped research center. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, flexible schedule and the opportunity to personal and professional development. The job will involve some business travel. We can promise you an important role close to the aquaculture industry.
Additional information about this position is available from:
- Edel Anne Norderhus ( Director VMRD PHARMAQ, Biologics, Therapeutics, Diagnostic), Mobile +47 90 75 28 63
We are looking forward to receiving your application, which you can submit together with your CV via email to [email protected] by 8th of August 2021. We are a pharmaceutical company and we will require police testimonial upon appointment.