Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Sørøst-Norge
PhD Research fellow in Marketing Management
The School of Business of University of South-Eastern Norway have up to three vacancy for position as PhD Research fellow in Marketing Management
About the position
University of South-Eastern Norway
University of South-Eastern Norway (USN) has about 18 000 students and about 1500 employees. USN School of Business offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of disciplines, as well as a PhD programme in Marketing Management. In addition, we have several one year study programmes and postgraduate programme.
The Drammen campus is located in Papirbredden – Drammen Knowledge Park, right by the river, in the centre of Drammen, just a few hundred metres from the train station. You will be right next door to numerous restaurants and cafés, as well as a great music and cultural scene. It is close to the train station, with frequent connections to Oslo, Vestfold, Kongsberg and Telemark.
The School of Business of University of South-Eastern Norway has a vacancy of up to three full time PhD Research Fellow in Marketing Management. The successful candidates must qualify for enrolment in the PhD-program in Marketing Management. The positions are four-year fixed-term appointments and commencement is from August 2020.
The positions are assigned to the Department of Business, Strategy and Political Science and report to the Head of Department Jan Velvin. The place of employment is centerally located at Campus Drammen, 40 km south-west of Oslo.
The PhD-program in Marketing Management aims to bring academic research closer to marketing management practice, thereby focusing research on topics that will generate new knowledge for real world problems for tomorrow’s markets. The applicant is invited to write a research proposal of his/her interests to accompany the application, and during the first year of courses and supervision the PhD proposal will be further developed to constitute a plan to contribute to world class research in marketing management.
The positions are four-year fixed-term appointments. Duties will be divided as follows: 75 % to PhD-related research and 25 % to other duties, including teaching or other projects at the USN School of Business.
For more information about the PhD-program in Marketing Management, please see here.
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science degree in marketing, business, management or equivalent. Students currently enrolled in a master program are also welcome to apply, but must have earned their degree prior to being appointed.
- Applicants must have achieved grade B or above to qualify for the enrollment in the PhD-programme.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language will be an advantage
- The candidates must have the ability to cooperate with fellow students and faculty members, and to work independently on academic topics
- Personal suitability for the post will be emphasised.
- Close supervision by internationally publishing faculty members during the period.
- Access to arenes where you get the chance to meet world class marketing professors
- Become involved in research projects that involve leading Norwegian and Global companies and research partners
- A professionally stimulating work environment
- Good opportunities to develop your career and your academic skills
- A good social environment
- Relevant job duties (25%) to polish teaching and project skills to qualify for attractive jobs at academic and non-academic organizations.
- A stimulating and growing research environment, with good opportunities to develop your career and your academic skills
- Attractive welfare benefits in the State Pension Plan
- Opportunity for physical activities within working hours
PhD Research Fellow (code 1017): NOK 479 600 a year. Further promotion will be based on time served in the position. In special cases, employment in code 1378 (NOK 456 400 – 615 900 a year) may be considered.
A statutory contribution to the state pension plan will be deducted from the employee’s salary.
The Academic Appointments Board is responsible for appointments to academic positions at University College of Southeast Norway. An expert assessment of applicants will be carried out. Short-listed candidates will be called in for interviews and must be prepared to present and discuss their projects.
The person appointed must comply with the laws, regulations and agreements that apply at any given time to the post.
According to its human resources policy, the University of South-Eastern Norway targets a balanced gender composition and aims to recruit persons with a background as an immigrant.
The University contributes to the Inkluderingsdugnaden (a voluntary scheme to promote inclusion), and it is our aim that our employees, to the fullest extent possible, shall reflect the diversity of the general population. We therefore also encourage qualified applicants with disabilities to apply for the post. The University will facilitate the workplace for employees with disabilities.
Pursuant to section 25, 2nd paragraph of the Freedom of Information Act, information on the applicant may be disclosed even if the applicant has requested not be included on the list of applicants. Applicants will be notified if such requests are not allowed.
How to apply
The University of South-Eastern Norway makes use of online application management. Applicants to the post must register their application and CV with enclosures online via the Jobbnorge recruitment portal by clicking on the link on the right-hand side – “Søk stillingen” (Apply for the post).
Applications must include the following documents:
- An application letter, including personal suitability and motivation for the position (motivation letter, one page).
- Curriculum vitae (with full information about education, grades, prior positions, teaching experience, research and administrative experience, and a list of publications and conference presentations, if applicable).
- A research proposal for the PhD project (4-10 pages). The tentative proposal must include the topic for the planned PhD research, a research problem, positioning/contribution, relevant theory, research method, and a time schedule.
- In addition, applicants must upload the following documents:
- a) certified diplomas and certificates from university college/university
- b) two letters of recommendation
- c) master's thesis (if finished. lf not, a one-page summary of the ongoing thesis)
- d) the application form for the PhD program and
- e) GMAT/GRE test results, if your master degree is not awareded from a Norwegian or an European institution.
Please note that the motivation letter, CV and research proposal must be written in English. lncomplete applications will not be considered. Further information about the requirements are available here.
Applicants will be evaluated based on academic performance (grades from bachelor and master degrees), relevant research work, the project plan and interview performance. Applicants are encouraged to include documentation of earlier, relevant work that shows academic potential. Applicants are encouraged to plan a stay abroad during the fellowship period.
Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the required documentation has been uploaded with the application.
For more information about the position:
- Professor Kåre Sandvik, PhD Program coordinator, +47 917 11 535/ [email protected]
- Head of Department Jan velvin+47 469 37 669/ [email protected]
For questions regarding the recruitment process:
- Advicer Kari Ann Sommerset [email protected]