LEDIG STILLING VED HANDELSHØYSKOLEN BI
Assistant Professor in Digital Communication
BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is ranked among the top business schools in Europe combining internationally recognized research and a wide range of educational offerings from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes as well as executive programmes. BI’s mission is to build the knowledge economy by empowering people and improving business. BI has 20 000 students, more than 300 000 alumni, and a number of academic and business partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally. BI holds the three most prestigious international quality accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. BI is organised as an independent foundation whose purpose is teaching and research. All profits are used to strengthen BI's academic- and learning environment.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN DIGITAL COMMUNICATION
The department of Communication and Culture at BI Norwegian Business School invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Communication with focus on Digitalization for a 4-year tenure track position. The successful candidate is expected to be a driving force that enhances our research and teaching at the intersection of communication and digital technology. The department has 55 faculty and conducts research and teaching in fields such as corporate and, cross-cultural communication, Internet Studies, as well as management in the media, education, arts and creative industries sectors. Please visit our website for more details.
We actively encourage women to apply.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Carry out internationally oriented, empirical research that is publishable in established international refereed journals;
- Contribute actively to the development of the Department’s research in the field of communication;
- Expand the Department’s national and international research connections;
- Participate actively in the Department’s research groups, such as the Nordic Center for Internet and Society (bi.edu/ncis) and/or the Nordic Alliance for Communication & Management (www.bi.edu/research/centres-groups-and-other-initiatives/nora), as well as in relevant international scientific associations and networks.
- Contribute to the teaching and development of both bachelor and master level courses in organizational, corporate, and/or computer-mediated communication.
- Take an active part in relevant national and international academic networks and organizations;
- Develop and maintain close contacts with relevant organizations and professionals in the field of media and communication.
- A PhD degree in the social sciences, preferably in management, sociology, technology or communication;
- A promising research pipeline, including articles in international refereed journals; or manuscripts in later stages of development for such journals
- Good knowledge of and ample experience with a wide range of social-scientific research methods;
- The ability and willingness to develop and conduct cross-national, comparative research;
- Ideally, some prior teaching experience in an international environment with the proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to postgraduate levels, apparent from positive assessments by students and peers (successful candidates who don’t possess a formal teaching qualification, are expected to acquire it within two years);
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work closely together with others in an international and diverse team environment;
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English, preferably also in Norwegian. At BI Norwegian Business School today, bachelor level classes are predominantly taught in Norwegian and master classes are taught in English. Applicants are expected to be able to teach in Norwegian within 5 years. Language classes are sponsored by BI Norwegian Business School.
The application must be written in English and include the following enclosures:
- Application letter/cover letter
- Complete and numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications must be marked with star*.
- Research plan, including a short description of previous research and a plan for the coming years that includes an account of involvement in organising research, establishment of research seminars, symposia and congresses, etc.
- Teaching portfolio. Documentation of teaching qualifications and research dissemination (organisation of classes, materials, courses and other forms of teaching).
- Curriculum vitae (with the applicant’s email address, telephone number and list of referees (maximum two names))
- Documentation of qualifications (examination certificates/PhD diploma, etc.).
- Publications. Applicants may choose a maximum of five publications for assessment, of which at least two of these publications must have been published or are currently under a review process in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals or in comparable high-ranking series published with internationally recognized publishing houses. The publications selected must be uploaded as attachments and listed from 1 to 5.
Should any material submitted consist of work with named co-authors, or work that is otherwise the result of collective academic endeavours, the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the work must be clearly stipulated. The Faculty may ask for a signed statement from the co-authors stipulating the extent and nature of each individual’s contribution.
Only material in English, Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish will be assessed.
Conditions of employment
Candidates with a very strong track-record and outstanding performance may be invited to enter our 4 year tenure track programme, which offers them the possibility to qualify for a tenured position as Associate Professor after the completion of this present 4 year contract
The conditions of employment correspond with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of Norwegian higher education. BI Norwegian Business School has attractive employment conditions, including pension and insurance benefits.
We would like to fill this position in 2021.
The closing date for applications is April 30 at 23:59
For more information about the position, please contact Head of Department Professor Sut I Wong via email: [email protected], or tel. +47 46410723.
- Sut I Wong, Telephone: +47 46410723
COMPANY HOMEPAGE: www.bi.no