LEDIG STILLING PÅ HØYSKOLEN KRISTIANIA
Systems Engineer / System Administrator for the High-Performance Computing Cluster
Kristiania University College
Kristiania University College (founded 1914) is an educational foundation with campuses in Oslo and Bergen, and online. We are an accredited college with 15,000 students, 700 employees, and currently four academic schools offering more than 120 programmes with studies in leadership, organisation, technology, marketing, communication, health and creative arts. We have had a formidable growth in recent years, and we will continue to expand. Our ambition is to become Norway’s first independent university.
Department of Technology at School of Economics, Innovation, and Technology has more than 50 years of experience within education and research in information technology. We have bachelor programmes within Data Science and Information Technology, and master programmes in Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction and Applied Computer Science, as well as research in similar areas. We have strong industry relations.
For more information on Kristiania University College, visit http://kristiania.no
Kristiania University College is seeking a Systems Engineer/System Administrator for the High-Performance Computing Cluster.
Setting up, operationalization and maintenance of a student-dedicated Data Analytics Cluster (probably using server virtualization software like VMware or equivalent), which will feature state-of-the-art hybrid architecture comprising an on-premises cluster to support the bachelor in Data Science and Master specialization in Business Analytics study programme, as well as research at the faculty.
The primary focus of the position is the management of high-performance computing (HPC) cluster, storage, and networking infrastructure, including, but not limited to the integration of HPC systems with KUC’s overarching IT infrastructure and maintaining system security. The candidate is expected to support research projects, support dynamic scaling on demand for class exercises, exam projects, and master theses. There will also be possibility for teaching and supervision within relevant topics at both bachelor and master level.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, networking or equivalent disciplines.
- Some years of experience (2+) with tasks associated with operationalizing HPC systems e.g. managing batch/scheduling systems, cluster provisioning, networking.
- Some years of experience (2+) in managing IT infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, servers, and virtual machines, using VMware environment such as vSphere or similar.
- Experience as Linux (Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 both server and desktop) / Windows Server (2016 and 2019) sys admin.
- Scripting languages, including bash/shell scripting. Python experience is appreciated.
In Addition, knowledge and experience with the following would be appreciated:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, (MySQL), (MS SQL).
- Hardware (Servers, blades, and Super Micro).
- Network devices (servers, routers, firewalls)
- Network administrator tools (Winesap, Putty, Wireshark or equivalent)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Negotiating skills with IT department and prior experience with navigating the IT security will be highly appreciated.
- Salary according to qualifications and experience.
- Vibrant research community.
- An inspiring, friendly and inclusive working environment.
- Attractive welfare arrangements.
- Working downtown Oslo, Norway.
How to apply:
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity).
- Copies of educational certificates and diplomas. Diplomas issued in other languages than Scandinavian or English must be provided in the original language as well as in an English translation.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
The application can be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Application deadline: 1st December 2020
Further enquiries regarding the position should be addressed to:
- Head of Department, Eivind Brevik, ([email protected] / +47 9051 3650)
- Eivind Brevik (Head of Department), 90513650, [email protected]