Ledig stilling ved Universitetet i Agder
Researcher in Renewable Energy
Closing date: 21.10.2019
About the position
A 100 % position is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Engineering and Science, as a Researcher in energy storage systems, affiliated to the Department of Engineering Sciences, section of renewable technology, for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension. The position is located at Campus Grimstad. The starting date is negotiable with the Faculty.
University of Agder
The University of Agder has more than 1400 employees and 13 000 students. This makes us one of the largest workplaces in Southern Norway. Our staff research, teach and disseminate knowledge from a variety of academic fields. Co-creation of knowledge is our common vision. We offer a broad range of study programmes in many fields. We are situated at two modern campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad respectively.
We are an open and inclusive university marked by a culture of cooperation. The aim of the university is to further develop education and research at a high international level.
The position is connected to the subject area energy storage systems with emphasis on battery systems, their reuse and recycling within a circular economy approach.
The primary objectives for the position are:
- Mapping of electrical energy storage solutions with opportunities and barriers
- Mapping of current and future electrical grid situations including intermittent renewable energy sources and electrification
- Working on energy storage solutions to compensate for peaks and for imbalances between energy demand and generation
- Develop recommendations for future energy storage developments
- A part of the project is also to develop a studentcourse in energy storage
- PhD degree within either Renewable energy or Mechatronics or equivalent
- Good skills and experience in Pyton or MathLab programming
- Able to build electric systems and do programming on this system
- Written and spoken English proficiency
- The working language at the University of Agder is Norwegian. The successful candidate must have knowledge and make themselves understood in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language, both written and oral.
- Experienced in development of project applications
- Experienced in teamwork
- Cross disciplinary oriented
- Experienced in teaching and supervision at university level
- Able to work independently
- Cooperative skills
- Good implementation ability
- Ability to work constructively and focused
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be emphasised.
- a variety of responsibilities in a large, exciting and socially influential organization
- a position with opportunities for development in a diverse environment
- modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 90.400, code 1109 Researcher, NOK 552 800-667 200 gross salary per year. Higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
A good working environment is characterized by its diversity. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, irrespective of gender, age, disability or cultural background. The University of Agder is an IW (Inclusive Workplace).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the position, and organizational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities of the position must be expected. Appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. With the applicant’s permission, UiA will also conduct a reference check before appointment. More about the employment process.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act § 25 (2), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The University, however, reserves the right to publish the names of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job”.
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Diplomas and certificates
- List of publications
- Academic articles (no more than 10 - 15)
- Possible other attachments
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
Closing date: 21.10.19
For questions about the position:
- Professor Henrik Kofoed Nielsen, tel. +47 37 23 30 30, e-mail [email protected]
For questions about the application process:
- HR-advisor Nina Rønningen, tel. +47 38 14 20 16, e-mail [email protected]